Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   ECU Remapping? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=170307)

S40Matt Jan 8th, 2013 23:15

ECU Remapping?

What are your opinions and experiences regarding remapping?

Also after seeing the numerous posts about the problems with DPFs my eye was caught by a company in a offering DPF remap deletion kits.

There was no mention of legality but I assume having this modification done would be illegal. They also offer the same to allow for EGR blanking.

Zeb246 Jan 9th, 2013 00:19

Remapping won't harm your car, you will love it once it's remapped. DPF are not illegal, I've removed the dpf on my previous cars and they passed MOT.

DPF are completely pointless, don't see the point having one. Will cause problems in the long run as it will keep on building the soot, then problems with limp mode and so on.

I should hopefully be doing this to my D5.

jaygee Jan 9th, 2013 07:47

Had mine done recently and absolutely love it!

Didn't need to worry about the DPF delete but did get an EGR delete.

I have already noticed an improvement in MPG and overtaking (safely) is a doddle now.

Highly recommended it. Find somewhere local but do your research on the company first, you don't want to get stuck with a newbie or cowboy. You could travel to get it done by experts such as Shark Performance.

I was lucky enough to have someone fairly close to me that has a good reputations albeit in Fords and VAGs.

Have fun!

sevenspoke Jan 9th, 2013 22:51

yeh got to agree with all above.I sorted dpf myself then had shark do the remap. Totally changed the cars drive and performance. Had a horrible experience on the motorway with car going into limp mode and it nearly ended up having a fivers worth of fuel n a match put to it.

Jon TDI Jan 10th, 2013 14:24

I've had all 7 of my previous car remapped & have never regretted it.

adebendanchris Jan 11th, 2013 23:49

Another big supporter of remapping. Also had dpf removed at the same time. Car drives like a dream so much better and improved fuel consumption. As suggested above my main advice is get someone who knows what they are doing as there are a lot of cowboys. I used more bhp and was very happy with the service.

noney82 Jan 12th, 2013 03:55

Theses guys? www.sharkperformance.co.uk/index.asp

sprout99 Jan 12th, 2013 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by noney82 (Post 1327147)

They are forum sponsors..... Like jontdi i.ve had loads of cars done

dan9878 Jan 12th, 2013 11:28

If we can get 5 people to remap with shark we can get a 25% discount.

I am up for it at the discounted rate but not otherwise. Add your name if you are interested.

1) dan9878
2)
3)
4)
5)

Clan Jan 12th, 2013 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by adebendanchris (Post 1327103)
Another big supporter of remapping. Also had dpf removed at the same time. Car drives like a dream so much better and improved fuel consumption. As suggested above my main advice is get someone who knows what they are doing as there are a lot of cowboys. I used more bhp and was very happy with the service.

how much smoke comes out the back now ??