Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Disc size? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=338969)

BUDFORCE Mar 25th, 2024 14:10

Disc size?

Hi,

Apologies for the basic question but it'll save me taking the discs off to measure.

My Volvo is a 2013 S60 T3 - as best as I can measure the discs hovering a measure over the wheel, the discs the look to be 300mm, but that is eyeballing with a good 4-5 inch gap.

I am looking at euro car parts etc but its coming up with a few different fitment options so I dont want to get the wrong parts.

Does anyone know if 300mm is the standard disc size?

Thank you!

johnnyoro Mar 25th, 2024 14:34

Hi sometimes the disc size is stamped on the caliper on the upper face .
It may be possible to see it with the wheel on depending on the type of wheel fitted.
Hope this helps

Kev0607 Mar 26th, 2024 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDFORCE (Post 2942236)
Hi,

Apologies for the basic question but it'll save me taking the discs off to measure.

My Volvo is a 2013 S60 T3 - as best as I can measure the discs hovering a measure over the wheel, the discs the look to be 300mm, but that is eyeballing with a good 4-5 inch gap.

I am looking at euro car parts etc but its coming up with a few different fitment options so I dont want to get the wrong parts.

Does anyone know if 300mm is the standard disc size?

Thank you!

As above, the disc size is stamped on the caliper. You may have to take the wheel off to see it though.

If you're buying from Euro Car Parts, do not buy Pagid or Eicher... they're absolute junk.

TeamG Mar 26th, 2024 15:49

1 Attachment(s)
You should be able to see it at the top of the caliper as per this photo without taking your wheel off.

BUDFORCE Mar 26th, 2024 19:56

Cheers guys.

I had a really good look but I cannot see it stamped on the caliper anywhere, can see the volvo writing stamped accross the top and there are other something stamped but I cant see it well enough to make out what it says.

I'll take the wheel off at some point and measure.

Interesting what was said above about Pagid. I had googled the Eichler parts and quickly dismissed those, but had assumed Pagid were ok.

I have used Bosch, APEC, duratek before all seemed ok to me anyway.

Kev0607 Mar 26th, 2024 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDFORCE (Post 2942446)
Cheers guys.

I had a really good look but I cannot see it stamped on the caliper anywhere, can see the volvo writing stamped accross the top and there are other something stamped but I cant see it well enough to make out what it says.

Interesting what was said above about Pagid. I had googled the Eichler parts and quickly dismissed those, but had assumed Pagid were ok.

Pagid's warped on my car within 3 months. I will never buy them again.

TeamG Mar 26th, 2024 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUDFORCE (Post 2942446)
Cheers guys.

I’ve used Brembo before on my V50, V70, rear of my XC60 and now discs and pads all round on the XC60. Cannot fault them, and a fraction of the price of genuine Volvo.

monkeh Mar 27th, 2024 23:07

Never buy from eurocarfarts unless you can get anything other than pagid or eicher.
I'll be honest, you'll get a better selection from autodoc.
Personally I'll probably take the hit and see if EBC do a set of discs for the v60. I noticed mine are very pitted (probably from the regen braking)

MacV50 Mar 29th, 2024 21:11

Have to disagree on Pagid. Have had absolutely no issues with their pads or disks in over 70k miles on my wife's Vivaro van. Previously had Pagid pads on the rear on the XC60 and got good life from them

Now have Brembo all round on the Volvo