Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Engine service required (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=299239)

mmarkcooper1 Oct 6th, 2019 13:23

Engine service required

Hi guys I own a xc70 d5 2003 model few months back I encountered the dreaded loss of power and engine service required etc, I suspected it was my front and rear engine mounts etc axle I was low on funds I uncapped both ends off etc and to my amazement it sorted it now its come back and plugged in obd dreaded torxpower one and identified it as boost solenoid a peirburg one which I got through work as I work fif a local factors input a new one on cleared the codes for thought I did from stone cold start booting her bright the faultback to current fault not pending ...today I took her out and did the same cold start floored her bam fault pops up loss of power except this time is solenoid fault pending with the engine warm etc I turned the engine off and back on faults gone out of reader and no faults when driving is there something addiontal I need to do to tell the ECU there is a new part fitted etc if I'm right in thinking that any help would be appreciated etc .

Simmy Oct 6th, 2019 15:02

take it to adam at readview volvo huncoat nr accrington

pphilpot Oct 7th, 2019 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarkcooper1 (Post 2560220)
Hi guys I own a xc70 d5 2003 model few months back I encountered the dreaded loss of power and engine service required etc, I suspected it was my front and rear engine mounts etc axle I was low on funds I uncapped both ends off etc and to my amazement it sorted it now its come back and plugged in obd dreaded torxpower one and identified it as boost solenoid a peirburg one which I got through work as I work fif a local factors input a new one on cleared the codes for thought I did from stone cold start booting her bright the faultback to current fault not pending ...today I took her out and did the same cold start floored her bam fault pops up loss of power except this time is solenoid fault pending with the engine warm etc I turned the engine off and back on faults gone out of reader and no faults when driving is there something addiontal I need to do to tell the ECU there is a new part fitted etc if I'm right in thinking that any help would be appreciated etc .

I'm unsure if this will help, but when my D5 kept going into limp home mode, and it was cured after I switched off the engine and restarted, I *think* that it was the turbo vanes needing a push - by this I mean stick it in 4th, get to 40mph, and floor it. Do this a couple of times. I haven't had a limp home mode since.

mmarkcooper1 Oct 9th, 2019 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2560251)
take it to adam at readview volvo huncoat nr accrington

Ahh yes I know him

mmarkcooper1 Oct 9th, 2019 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pphilpot (Post 2560609)
I'm unsure if this will help, but when my D5 kept going into limp home mode, and it was cured after I switched off the engine and restarted, I *think* that it was the turbo vanes needing a push - by this I mean stick it in 4th, get to 40mph, and floor it. Do this a couple of times. I haven't had a limp home mode since.

Ahh I've heard of this before in a geartonic box so I'll put into manual
Tbh it only gets used weekends and odd evenings during the week as I have a works van so I think it may need a good blast etc

Anubisxc70 Oct 11th, 2019 20:25

When did you last change the fuel filter?
I have a 2004 XC70 and she did that also.
I have replaced the fuel filter. And she is ok

mmarkcooper1 Oct 12th, 2019 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubisxc70 (Post 2561980)
When did you last change the fuel filter?
I have a 2004 XC70 and she did that also.
I have replaced the fuel filter. And she is ok

Tbh I got her serviced just under a year ago from memory the fuel didn't get changed , I calculated I've done 3k miles since last August uptown now lol

Anubisxc70 Oct 13th, 2019 15:18

One more reason to change it.....
Do you use any injector cleaning?