Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Volvo V60 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289388)

ccfcforever1987 Dec 6th, 2018 15:02

Volvo V60

Hi

New member here. I was wondering if anyone can advise as to whether there is or will be a dedicated V60 18/19-onward sub-forum?

I am also looking for some advice on the new V60.

I'm currently looking at changing my Mazda 6 Tourer and originally had my eye on a petrol Audi A4 Estate (probably S-line trim), however the new V60 has really caught my eye and the level of equipment on the Momentum Pro is really tempting.
My concern is that I only do a smidge over 10k miles per year and I am worried about how that will effect the DPF. Residuals won't concern me because I am looking to purchase through a PCP/lease and will never own the car.

Many thanks in advanced
Paul

Clan Dec 6th, 2018 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccfcforever1987 (Post 2473483)
Hi

New member here. I was wondering if anyone can advise as to whether there is or will be a dedicated V60 18/19-onward sub-forum?

I am also looking for some advice on the new V60.

I'm currently looking at changing my Mazda 6 Tourer and originally had my eye on a petrol Audi A4 Estate (probably S-line trim), however the new V60 has really caught my eye and the level of equipment on the Momentum Pro is really tempting.
My concern is that I only do a smidge over 10k miles per year and I am worried about how that will effect the DPF. Residuals won't concern me because I am looking to purchase through a PCP/lease and will never own the car.

Many thanks in advanced
Paul

no problems with DPF yet , 10000 per year is normal . I would only worry if you lived in a city and never got over 30 mph for weeks ...

Wizzpop Dec 6th, 2018 15:55

I took delivery of my new V60 in October. I didn't want a diesel as I only do about 10k miles a year. The petrol version is a T5 250hp.
The Momentum Pro has everything you need, apart from a rear parking camera or 360 camera.

ccfcforever1987 Dec 6th, 2018 16:39

Thanks Clan, I live a rural spot just outside Warwick with a 15 mile commute to work. Mainly A roads, so on that basis I should be OK. My concern was that I had a Skoda vRS diesel a few years back and that was forever running regens. Hopefully this Volvo engine / DPF set-up won't run as many if indeed they are needed.

Thanks Wizzpop, I did look at the T5 but with 250HP the fuel consumption is too much for me. Also, that fact that the T5 is a few hundred pounds more expensive than the D4 but the D4's residual value is a grand more meant my monthly payments on the T5 were too high as well. Its a shame they are not doing the T4 as that would be a perfect comparison against the A4

Whippy Dec 6th, 2018 17:33

I wouldn't worry, so long as you're not pootling about all the time you should be fine. VAG cars are becoming notorious for the severity of their regen cycles nowadays. The D4 is the sensible choice.

Fursty Ferret Dec 6th, 2018 18:59

Would have thought your mileage is more than enough. I do approximately 10-12k a year and have never had a DPF issue in 8 years of driving diesel cars.

Mechanically my new V60 has been great, drives well, but a few electrical / software glitches. To be fair the dealer has been great at looking at it.

Sadly it's in the body shop at the moment waiting for a front spar (possibly, wasn't paying attention to the lady on the phone) to be delivered from Sweden after I parked it over a kerb that was about 4 inches higher that I originally judged it to be and it crushed some stuff under the bumper. :-(

ian77 Dec 6th, 2018 19:38

I do about 8000 a year and have had diesels for 10 years with no issues. Typically 5-10 mile trips round town, occasional motorway run for 100-200 miles. The D4 is great.

I thought about the pro but ended up going for a momentum and adding the winter pack, intellisafe pro and 360 camera - the pro was really tempting but in the end I decided the full leather, keyless entry and fancy lights weren’t worth it for various reasons. The pilot assist and 360 camera are brilliant.

Had no real issues except one evening the mirrors didn’t fold but that’s it. Suspect a software update will eventually sort that bug out!

Crockers Dec 8th, 2018 09:11

Doesn't the Pro have different seats?

ian77 Dec 8th, 2018 09:32

Other than the leather (and being fully powered) they didn’t seem any different in the V60 momentum pro I test drove. Didn’t have the cushion extensions anyway. I do miss the memory power seat but mitigate that by not letting anyone else drive it :teeth_smile:

Wizzpop Dec 8th, 2018 10:32

Petrol v Diesel is horses for courses. My first V40 was diesel (D3). I then went to a V40 T3, but I don't have to commute anywhere so my annual mileage is less than 10k. I nearly went back to diesel for the V60, but pleased I didn't. I accepted I wouldn't get the economy of a diesel, although on a long trip up the A3 and round the M25 it returned about 37mpg. Not yet got 1000 miles on it, but the few occasions I have used the power it is very quick!! It is also quiet, actually I think it is quieter than the V40.
With my mostly local driving I am averaging 30mpg, but I do expect that to improve.