Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   V70 Family Rear seats (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285202)

DLM48 Aug 12th, 2018 19:40

V70 Family Rear seats

Looking for a set of 'family' rear seats for a 2006 V70

That is the ones where the bases are movable and the centre base is not a part of the right hand seat base but is a separate item and folds forwards to make a table and cup holders

IF i can find a set the colour is not critical really

Probably searching for a needle in a haystack but thought it was worth a punt here :-)

reggit Aug 14th, 2018 23:04

They occasionally come up on eBay, there’s a poor condition right hand side part on there now - I’ve just checked. When I wanted them, I found it easiest to change the car for one with the family pack as standard - not ideal, although the electric child locks are handy.

DLM48 Aug 15th, 2018 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggit (Post 2437382)
They occasionally come up on eBay, there’s a poor condition right hand side part on there now - I’ve just checked. When I wanted them, I found it easiest to change the car for one with the family pack as standard - not ideal, although the electric child locks are handy.

HE HE taking the last option just about to buy a V70R AWD with the full family pack including the two extra seats in the back

Electric child locks????? tell all please

reggit Aug 17th, 2018 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLM48 (Post 2437650)
HE HE taking the last option just about to buy a V70R AWD with the full family pack including the two extra seats in the back

Electric child locks????? tell all please

Button on the centre console, looks like a window with child in it. It activates child locks on the rear doors. Possibly a tiny bit jealous of the ‘R’ 😂

DLM48 Aug 17th, 2018 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggit (Post 2438413)
Button on the centre console, looks like a window with child in it. It activates child locks on the rear doors. Possibly a tiny bit jealous of the ‘R’ 😂

the family pack rear seats was an add-on so I don't expect that car to have the child lock option :-(

luggsey Aug 17th, 2018 22:50

My 2006xc has the family seats, if by that you mean built in booster seats.
Also has the rear door child lock switch and electric window lock.
I didn't know any of it was extra Tbh as its my first Volvo!
Are these seats sought after?

reggit Aug 17th, 2018 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by luggsey (Post 2438601)
My 2006xc has the family seats, if by that you mean built in booster seats.
Also has the rear door child lock switch and electric window lock.
I didn't know any of it was extra Tbh as its my first Volvo!
Are these seats sought after?

The electric window lock is standard on all the cars (I think) the seats and electric locks seem hard to come by. Our kids love the ‘toy box’ (cubby hole in rear armrest) and the picnic table type thing is great for them.

If I get another P2 when this one dies, the rear seats will get swapped over assuming I can’t get the same ones (and the same colour)

DLM48 Aug 18th, 2018 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggit (Post 2438604)
The electric window lock is standard on all the cars (I think) the seats and electric locks seem hard to come by. Our kids love the ‘toy box’ (cubby hole in rear armrest) and the picnic table type thing is great for them.

If I get another P2 when this one dies, the rear seats will get swapped over assuming I can’t get the same ones (and the same colour)

IF they are leather just dye them :-)

Turbodave Aug 21st, 2018 13:45

It's all a bit random with the assorted packs Volvo offered as I was always lead to believe that 2005 on, ie the face-lifted P2 cars with the family pack also came with IsoFix brackets and the option to switch off the passenger front airbag... but seems that's not that case as mine has the remote rear door locks, the lifty up rear seat bases and the table arrangement but I had to retro-fit the IsoFix brackets and it hasn't got a switchable air bag, which is less of an issue now but it was when the little human was very little.

DLM48 Aug 22nd, 2018 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbodave (Post 2439664)
It's all a bit random with the assorted packs Volvo offered as I was always lead to believe that 2005 on, ie the face-lifted P2 cars with the family pack also came with IsoFix brackets and the option to switch off the passenger front airbag... but seems that's not that case as mine has the remote rear door locks, the lifty up rear seat bases and the table arrangement but I had to retro-fit the IsoFix brackets and it hasn't got a switchable air bag, which is less of an issue now but it was when the little human was very little.

my new to me 2007 C70 has the message passengers air bag off how do I switch that back on

thanks