Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Parking Climate error (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=300321)

rp83 Nov 6th, 2019 21:44

Parking Climate error

Still relatively new to the world of Volvo, so please forgive yet another question. I read with interest that parking climate is available only on Hybrid cars, is this true? I have a diesel version, 17 plate, and on my VOC app, there is a parking climate option which I’m sure have worked in the past but now spits an error of temporarily unavailable. Any help would be appreciated!

KNVXC90 Nov 6th, 2019 23:07

Parking climate works if you've spec'ed Auxiliary Fuel Fired Heater.

I have a diesel XC90 (D5) and I went for the Auxiliary Fuel Fired Heater option. Parking Climate works fine via the VoC app both in scheduled as well as on-demand modes. Occasionally though, the command fails due to issues with the Volvo servers. I simply retry after a minute or two and it works.

rp83 Nov 6th, 2019 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNVXC90 (Post 2569554)
Parking climate works if you've spec'ed Auxiliary Fuel Fired Heater.

I have a diesel XC90 (D5) and I went for the Auxiliary Fuel Fired Heater option. Parking Climate works fine via the VoC app both in scheduled as well as on-demand modes. Occasionally though, the command fails due to issues with the Volvo servers. I simply retry after a minute or two and it works.

Thank you so much. I brought a second hand from third party dealer. Is there a way I can find out if I have it?

KNVXC90 Nov 6th, 2019 23:26

Check this article:

It states that "The heater is fitted in the front right-hand wheel housing"

I've never looked to be honest, so not sure if this is something you can look for, to confirm its there.

If you're saying it's worked in the past, its probably there. When its working you hear a hum. And when you open the door whilst its working, you see a heating symbol in the dash as well. This symbol is listed on this page.

rp83 Nov 6th, 2019 23:34

Thanks. I won’t go searching for it. I say it with confidence it has worked but more I think I’m getting confused if it was that or the remote start which I think does serve the purpose in these cold weather. That said, I can’t set the timers. I did have a look at the Sensus but don’t see any controls for timer etc provided in there which probably tells me I don’t have it(?).

Director76 Nov 6th, 2019 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp83 (Post 2569565)
Thanks. I won’t go searching for it. I say it with confidence it has worked but more I think I’m getting confused if it was that or the remote start which I think does serve the purpose in these cold weather. That said, I can’t set the timers. I did have a look at the Sensus but don’t see any controls for timer etc provided in there which probably tells me I don’t have it(?).

There may be an image of wavy heat lines with a strikeout inside the fuel filler flap also if you have parking climate (you’re not supposed to run the aux heater while fuelling)

But I suspect a lack of controls on sensus is the big giveaway!

rp83 Nov 6th, 2019 23:44

My thoughts exactly re Sensus. I guess the remote start would have to do for now. Wish Volvo on call was dynamic enough in showing the features applicable to your vehicle only!

rp83 Nov 7th, 2019 00:23

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting to see Preconditioning in the diagnostic!

KNVXC90 Nov 7th, 2019 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Director76 (Post 2569567)
There may be an image of wavy heat lines with a strikeout inside the fuel filler flap also if you have parking climate (you’re not supposed to run the aux heater while fuelling)

I completely forgot about this. This will tell you for sure if you have the fuel fired heater.

rp83 Nov 7th, 2019 08:14

I’ve deffo have it. Just noticed it on the Sensus too I’d clearly forgotten where it was. It’s still throwing error message on the app though.