Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   oxford meet? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28574)

minesa240x3 Dec 10th, 2006 01:11

oxford meet?

anyone know if there is going to be an oxford meet soon?there was a suggestion but i think it faded away due to distance,can't keep cleaning the car in case,well alright i can just because i want to.i also would like to meet some volvo nuts as my workmates are fed up with all my conversations ending up talking about my 240.also i have modified the grill big time and would like some feedback,be gentle with me though.

mikecrox Dec 17th, 2006 19:23

Hi guys

Ive just phoned the trout inn at Wolvercote theres no problem meeting up in there car park But the place is getting a refurb in there restaurant in January so the place wont be open until march 23rd 2007.

CTCNetwork Dec 17th, 2006 19:38

Hi,

There must be another pub or location close to food that has ample parking facilities which they wouldn't mind us using..?
Any locals that know of somewhere?

Also, it doesn't have to be Oxfodr, perhaps a town nearby like Kidlington or Bicester perhaps?

Des. . . ;)

pzorb Dec 17th, 2006 19:46

How about the Perch Inn, down Botley Road by Port Meadow? It has a lovely beer garden, but has recently changed hands so I can't comment on the food.

The car park is of medium size, maybe half the size of the Trout's. It's usually more than half full at the weekend, as people park up to walk the dog etc. For a few cars I suspect it shouldn't be a problem.

There are a few nice pubs up in Cumnor too, but I can't think of the names at the moment. If needs be I'll drive up and do a rekky :)

IC Dec 17th, 2006 20:16

Sounds good Martin, it would be a good idea to post a calendar of meets of the first couple of months of next year so that there are no conflicts. I will post an advance Crooked Billet calendar. What we will be offering in the New Year is a Castle Comb track day which will be priced so that everybody can have an opportunity to take their car out on a decent racetrack with all the safety aspects taken care of. Mike it sounds like you are taking care of the Oxford meet - Martin it would be good if you were to have a look at the Perch Inn and anywhere else and let everybody know what it's like - good to meet you this afternoon!

Hi Flyer437 Dec 17th, 2006 20:51

MX-5 OC used to (still?) use The Longwall; it's a Beefeater (:() but just off of the southern bypass at the Cowley turn, so handy and easy to find. Big car park too.

As the Trout's shut, there's always the Rose Revived just south of Standlake on the A415.

CTCNetwork Dec 17th, 2006 21:25

Hi,
Quote:

Originally Posted by IC (Post 181063)
Sounds good Martin, it would be a good idea to post a calendar of meets of the first couple of months of next year so that there are no conflicts.

In fact, it would be an idea if there was a calander function available for vB to have it installed.
Accessable to Admins/Moderators only to add proposed meets so that we know they will not conflict and could pick and choose the meets to attend.. :)

A big carpark, would be hanndy, as knowing Sundays these pubs have a tendancy to fill up for sunday dinners..

So long as the spot is easily accessable, there should not be too much worry, although outside the main city area would be best, me thinks...

Des. . . ;)

mikecrox Dec 17th, 2006 21:28

Hi guys

I havent picked a date yet but is a saturday ok with every one as des says sunday can be busy.

S60-MBS Dec 17th, 2006 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecrox (Post 181122)
Hi guys

I havent picked a date yet but is a saturday ok with every one as des says sunday can be busy.

Staurdays counts me out ..i could never get a day off...

timway Dec 17th, 2006 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by S60-MBS (Post 181135)
Staurdays counts me out ..i could never get a day off...

Ohhh... poor Mo... :(:cry_smile: :dude_hug: