Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   "Your doors are unlocked" OnCall message annoying when @home (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=297390)

jotka Aug 8th, 2019 07:20

"Your doors are unlocked" OnCall message annoying when @home

Hi
If the car is parked in the garage at the home location (set in the navi) it should not report the doors unlocked, as it's very annoying. They should at least give us such a setting to configure. We can either switch this off or on in general, regardless of the location of the car.

I've passed this to the development team through Twitter.

What are your thoughts?

Duri13 Aug 8th, 2019 07:42

I was annoyed by this during the first days but then I have changed the notification settings on my iphone and these messages no longer go to notification center, just appear on the locked screen. And I think the message goes on just once every time and I have learned to live with that.

If this could be switched off through GPS and garage location, I am not sure, because if I park right in front of the garage, I want to get these messages. If I move my car 5m (inside the garage), the GPS location is almost the same (can the car spot the difference?), plus there is no GPS signal inside the garage so....Anyway, there probably is a way how to make this system smarter but overall I prefer to have these false "alarms" at home than not to have these messages at all. I like the feeling that I know I have locked my car when I am somewhere else.

techwatcher Aug 8th, 2019 09:59

I'm a little confused - is the car incorrectly notifying that the car is unlocked when in fact it is locked or are you leaving the car unlocked when it is in your garage and VoC is notifying correctly?

Duri13 Aug 8th, 2019 10:42

Why are you confused? The same situation as yours. The car is at home in the garage unlocked and I get the message about it. While the car behaves correctly here (as programmed), that kind of message is pointless.

techwatcher Aug 8th, 2019 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duri13 (Post 2542981)
Why are you confused? The same situation as yours. The car is at home in the garage unlocked and I get the message about it. While the car behaves correctly here (as programmed), that kind of message is pointless.

I was confused because it wasn't clear from your post that you were leaving your car unlocked in your garage.

As you say the car is behaving correctly. I suspect this isn't a problem for most people as they would probably lock their cars even when in a garage.

Duri13 Aug 8th, 2019 11:54

Aaa, sorry, I thought it is Jotka writing :)
And you are right, probably many people lock their cars even inside their garages but I never do that.

Milliner Aug 8th, 2019 12:23

I guess Volvo would be a bit twitchy about using GPS to determine whether a car is in the garage or not for the reasons highlighted.

Geo-fencing a given area (say, once parked in the garage) might help, but I suspect there'd be some disclaimers involved and you'd accept liability if it was on the drive, unlocked, and got nicked.

That said, looking at the latest story on keyless car thefts today, is it all a bit of a chocolate fireguard anyway??

wheelnut Aug 8th, 2019 12:25

Is it just me or is this what could be described as a first world problem?

Duri13 Aug 8th, 2019 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelnut (Post 2543028)
Is it just me or is this what could be described as a first world problem?

Yes, the same as probably 2/3 of the threads in this forum ;)

jotka Aug 8th, 2019 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duri13 (Post 2543008)
I never do that.

I never do that also :)