Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   'A' pillar trim removal (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291692)

Lexman8 Feb 11th, 2019 13:37

'A' pillar trim removal

I removed the bolt under the 'airbag' clip and pulled the trim away to disengage two metal clips and a plastic locating lug. However the trim still seems to be held at the bottom somehow. I thought it might be just a tight fit against the dashboard but even after using what seemed like an unreasonable amount of force it wouldn't budge.

Any suggestions?

jrawarren Feb 11th, 2019 14:05

IIRC you also need to remove the dashboard side panel with the airbag switch on (the panel just pulls outwards from the side the seat), the cover should then wriggle free - it is a tight fit!

Boatie Feb 11th, 2019 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2494609)
I removed the bolt under the 'airbag' clip and pulled the trim away to disengage two metal clips and a plastic locating lug. However the trim still seems to be held at the bottom somehow. I thought it might be just a tight fit against the dashboard but even after using what seemed like an unreasonable amount of force it wouldn't budge.

Any suggestions?

Courage ,spinach , and a harder pull :tounge_smile: Well, I used 2 out of the 3. and eventually teased it out. I can confirm that on my MY17 V90 friction was all that held it in. Getting it back was much easier!

Frank

MY17 V90

,I Don't remember removing the side panel that early but jrawarren may well be right.

Lexman8 Feb 11th, 2019 16:06

Thanks guys, I did remove the side panel as I'm installing the wiring for a dashcam. Maybe I just need to give it an extra strong tug.

roundyuk Feb 11th, 2019 19:07

Had to take the door sil trim off on my V60, has a funny little clip that was getting in the way. Gave more wiggle room, it is a PITA but you’ll get there.

Philip Fisher Feb 11th, 2019 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2494648)
Thanks guys, I did remove the side panel as I'm installing the wiring for a dashcam. Maybe I just need to give it an extra strong tug.

Lexman I have done this, so know exactly what you mean. It fits into some ducting for the A-Pillar air vent, then it is tight to the dashbaord. You just have to wriggle it basically. Make sure you move it out far enough to clear the plastic locating moulding on the back of the trim, then just wiggle it. It comes away from the side of the dash and just kind of separates from the air vent duct. Hope that makes sense....

ThomasC91 Mar 17th, 2021 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrawarren (Post 2494616)
IIRC you also need to remove the dashboard side panel with the airbag switch on (the panel just pulls outwards from the side the seat), the cover should then wriggle free - it is a tight fit!

This I didn't do and probably why it wouldn't come off at the bottom.

Don't pull because in my case it smashed the windscreen!!