Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC60 Door mirrors (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291778)

lalith16 Feb 13th, 2019 18:28

XC60 Door mirrors

Before going away abroad I parked my car in a very tight garage and the only way I could park the car in the tight space was by folding in both the door mirrors (depressed the L & R buttons simultaneously). ‘Automatic retraction when Locking’ is also enabled within ‘My Car’ settings, which automatically retracts/extends the door mirrors upon locking/unlocking the car.

I want to know: If I unlock the car now, would the door mirrors extend automatically by virtue of the above setting being enabled or would the car remember the last mirror setting that I performed at the time of parking the car in the garage (which is L & R depressed that folded in the mirrors) and keep the mirrors in retracted position?

My worry is, if the door mirrors automatically extend upon unlocking the car they might hit the garage’s side walls and that might cause some form of cosmetic damage or may even damage the mirrors’ folding mechanism.

Thanks in advance.

nu11eaf Feb 13th, 2019 18:42

When I have folded my mirrors in manually on my XC90 and locked the doors, the mirrors stay folded in when car unlocked, I need to press the mirror buttons to bring them back out. I would think the XC60 would be the same.

nu11eaf Feb 13th, 2019 18:43

Deleted, pressed submit twice.

MichaelDH Feb 13th, 2019 18:47

Yes, I can confirm the XC60 also remembers manual mirror folding position, I observed it a couple of weeks back.

What I want to know is, if your garage is that tight, how did you get out of the car in the first place??!!!

Philip Fisher Feb 13th, 2019 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelDH (Post 2495355)
Yes, I can confirm the XC60 also remembers manual mirror folding position, I observed it a couple of weeks back.

What I want to know is, if your garage is that tight, how did you get out of the car in the first place??!!!

Climb out the tailgate?

lalith16 Feb 13th, 2019 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelDH (Post 2495355)

Haha, that’s a good question that I also asked myself before parking in. Due to the lay out of the garage walls and also to allow more space on the right for me to get out, I had to park my car more to the left of the garage. Even then I had to squeeze myself out; took 4-5 attempts.....skipping lunch and afternoon snack made all the difference I believe 😂

lalith16 Feb 13th, 2019 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2495359)
Climb out the tailgate?

That was one of my exit strategies...literally; although as a last resort.

DangerMUK Feb 13th, 2019 19:45

Worst case scenario get a friend to hold a folded cloth or towel against the wall on the side one of them might hit :-)

J30 YAP Feb 14th, 2019 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMUK (Post 2495382)
Worst case scenario get a friend to hold a folded cloth or towel against the wall on the side one of them might hit :-)

Or he can hold the towel himself as he comes out...In case he doesn’t have a friend :icon_smile_lachuh::icon_smile_lachuh:

Crockers Feb 15th, 2019 06:33

If theres no room for the mirror how is the friend going to hold a towel there? Lie on the roof?