Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   300-series meet - Brooklands Museum - Sunday 13th May (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=279578)

foggyjames Mar 18th, 2018 16:19

300-series meet - Brooklands Museum - Sunday 13th May

Join us for the first of hopefully a series of more regular 300-series meetings, beyond the annual events we've held for the last few years. To kick things off, we revisit the Brooklands Museum (primarily containing aviation and early motorsport exhibits), the venue for our 2013 'national' 300-series event. We will aim, once again, to park in the paddock area in front of the museum.

All are welcome, but it would be good to get as many 300s there as possible. If you plan to attend, please reply to this thread :) We should be able to get a group discount rate (£12.50) for entry to the museum, but this typically relies on more than 15 people attending. The standard entry fee is £15. If you haven't visited before, it's an extensive collection, and well worth the entry fee.

cheers

James

scvolvo Mar 25th, 2018 00:42

It’s a good Venue, are you parking inside?

foggyjames Mar 25th, 2018 21:36

Yup!

cheers

James

360beast Mar 26th, 2018 15:21

Hmmm I am tempted to go but 130 miles is a bit of a jaunt and I'm not exactly flush with cash :(

Are you going to organise any meets around the West Midlands this year?

volvomania Mar 28th, 2018 11:02

I am seriously looking at coming to the event, think it will be less than 300 mls each way, perhaps worth making a nice weekend of it with the old car.
Been to the Brooklands museum before, it is well worth a visit!

foggyjames Mar 28th, 2018 19:07

130 miles each way?! Some days I do, and some days I don't! :D Joking aside, we can certainly look at something closer to home. Got any ideas of possible venues?

It'd be good to see you if you can make it, Robbert!

cheers

James

scvolvo Mar 28th, 2018 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggyjames (Post 2384861)
Yup!

cheers

James

Hope it goes smoothly with public liability, was a nightmare when I tried to organise one.

360beast Mar 29th, 2018 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggyjames (Post 2385971)
130 miles each way?! Some days I do, and some days I don't! :D Joking aside, we can certainly look at something closer to home. Got any ideas of possible venues?

It'd be good to see you if you can make it, Robbert!

cheers

James

Haha, I would normally do it but at the moment i am so broke I couldn't afford it.

We could have a meet at Shelsley walsh during a breakfast meet then go for a drive afterwards.

Malvern hills would be another nice scenic place to meet.

Cotswolds? Anywhere there, it is all beautiful but Bourton on the water has a car museum.

Castle/manor houses if that interests people.

foggyjames Mar 31st, 2018 19:09

Good suggestions, thanks!

Steve - the club has PLI, so it's not a problem...but filling in the paperwork is a bit of a faff!

cheers

James

scvolvo Mar 31st, 2018 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggyjames (Post 2387229)
Good suggestions, thanks!

Steve - the club has PLI, so it's not a problem...but filling in the paperwork is a bit of a faff!

cheers

James

That wasn’t the problem, proper jobsworth there, the issue I had was public liability for the cars stationary (not a problem) whilst parked for the meet.

Car insurance for when they are moving, hence driving in to car park at Brooklands.

What the jobs worth wanted was insurance for when the cars entered the car park as technically they are part of a show / event as on private ground so normal car insurance wouldn’t cover it and wanted moving public liability insurance, if that makes sense.