Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Volvo screenwash - who makes it? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275600)

abby606 Dec 2nd, 2017 13:00

Volvo screenwash - who makes it?

Anyone any ideas who makes the Volvo screenwash (1L dilutable)?

I've liked it the best out of the few I've tested but it seems to get more expensive every time I buy it so was hoping I could figure out who makes it and buy in bulk.

Paul Wildsmith Dec 2nd, 2017 13:04

no idea, but I agree it is the best to use. I just pay the dealer price (with our winters these days don't go through that much)

abby606 Dec 2nd, 2017 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith (Post 2343626)
no idea, but I agree it is the best to use. I just pay the dealer price (with our winters these days don't go through that much)

I have the misfortune of having a long commute that involves a very dirty road (lots of trucks/lorries and construction). I could go through 2L of fluid a day sometimes!

Clan Dec 2nd, 2017 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by abby606 (Post 2343634)
I have the misfortune of having a long commute that involves a very dirty road (lots of trucks/lorries and construction). I could go through 2L of fluid a day sometimes!

It is spirit based , it burns with an almost invisible blue flame just like Methylated spirit .. It does not leave any deposits at all in the pump or jets unlike cheaper salt based wash fluid which crystallises in heated wash jets particularly and also slowly blocks the jets ... You can tell when the jets are blocking as the aim goes haywire !

ThomasG Dec 2nd, 2017 20:17

then wouldnt the answer be: get some spirit in there? purple stuff, from paint shop :)

volvoid Dec 2nd, 2017 21:34

isopropanol aka isopropyl alcohol.
Dont drink it.
Water and wetting agent (washing up liquid will do fine)

last year the stuff at halfruads was very cheap and spirit based, works well, I dilute it (not that cold dahhn saaf) and add a few drips of fairy

volvoid Dec 2nd, 2017 21:42

who makes it ? dunno. Some children in a sweatshop in Bangledesh ?

green van man Dec 3rd, 2017 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvoid (Post 2343767)
isopropanol aka isopropyl alcohol.
Dont drink it.
Water and wetting agent (washing up liquid will do fine)
V
last year the stuff at halfruads was very cheap and spirit based, works well, I dilute it (not that cold dahhn saaf) and add a few drips of fairy

Lot of salt in washing up liquid I believe.

Paul.

abby606 Dec 3rd, 2017 11:41

Thanks all.

Just bought more, really wish they made it in bigger containers. I also, measured the contents, 880ml :S

I might look into the Volvo Trucks/Construction Equipment options as I'm sure they sell 5L containers, if not larger.

Clan Dec 3rd, 2017 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by green van man (Post 2343838)
Lot of salt in washing up liquid I believe.

Paul.

indeed ! it will crystallise in the jets