Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Amazon without logbook (V5) document (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=146026)

Pint Feb 18th, 2012 22:16

Amazon without logbook (V5) document

Hi. I am new as i just got my first volvo yesturday :) Its a 1969 Volvo amazon 121. I am from Ireland, and got the car here, but with UK regplate on it, and no paperworks whatsoever . Does anyone here knows , how to get it sorted.?
The reg is:VHF426G

Volvo Canadian Feb 18th, 2012 22:34

Nope, but good-luck! Photos are always appreciated. I have one for my profile, but it doesn't show-up for some reason.

So, welcome. This is a pretty nice lot, and you can get all of your questions answered here, but I can't answer that one for you, as I live in the US at the moment. Also spent a couple of years in the UK, among other places. I see Mitch is viewing, so he might be able to offer a suggestion.

Browsing through some of the old threads will cover a lot of things, but every person is unique, and you may want to just ask.

James

spandelly Feb 18th, 2012 22:47

Your best bet is to contact the dvla and ask them it will cost you a phonecall but theres a lot of variables. Export and time off the road and registered keeper etc.

Derek UK Feb 18th, 2012 23:31

DVLA has no record of this car on the online database. You'll probably have to start from scratch and try and register it over there. Having a good bill of sale is a good start.
If you can put up some pics, someone here might recognise the car.
Good luck.

Dibble Feb 18th, 2012 23:34

Hi Pint, email Ulla Bergwall at Volvo HQ and she will send you details of your car as known to Volvo (give her chassis number). Armed with this information contact DVLA or your local motor tax office and they will fix it from there.
You will get a reply by beginning of next week. I will get her email address for you.

Dibble Feb 18th, 2012 23:39

Hi Pint, ubergwal@volvocars.com. Let us know how you get on.

Pint Feb 19th, 2012 17:01

Thanks Dibble! :thumbs_up:
I wrote her an email, and hope the best.

Derek UK Feb 19th, 2012 18:21

Ulla should be able to give some details about your car but that won't help much for registering in Ireland. I don't know how you got the car and whether you can back track the previous ownership at all. Might have been an eBay car that was brought over and then never driven/made legal. Although it's not on the UK DVLA database they might be persuaded to give you a new logbook. With that you should have no trouble in getting it registered over there. From either of the licensing authorites point of view it could be a stolen car, a scrapped car etc so be prepared for difficulties.
Perhaps you like to give us the full story of the car and how you got it. "Bought it from a man in the pub" isn't a good start!

blind-dog-birtles Feb 19th, 2012 18:38

Hi, that number plate rings a bell with me, think I may have owned it 2/3 years ago, navy blue 2 door by any chance, I seem to remember selling it to someone in Liverpool or stockpot area. I bought the car from Oban in Scotland.
I'll check on the number plate, I'm useless at remembering car registrations!

Pint Feb 20th, 2012 09:25

Well, i got the car here in Ireland, it was advertised on a site (Donedeal) , the guy said in text he does not have logbook, but all documents there to replace it. When i went down i found out there is no documents, just some printed info how to replace lost v5...... but it was too late , i felt in love already. The guy was buying selling cars, and dont know the original owner.
I will make some pictures, so maybe someone can recognize it. Its cream white at the moment, but it was only ercently resprayed (few years i guess)