Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC90 Momentum Pro vs Inscription Pro seats (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288477)

antman99 Nov 11th, 2018 21:12

XC90 Momentum Pro vs Inscription Pro seats

Hi,

I am aware that r design have different seats but does anyone know if momentum pro and inscription pro are different, specifically interested in the leg extension, I test drove one that I think was normal Momentum but did have the extensions, my wife commented that it felt like the gap was uncomfortable even when it was fully retracted where as she was fine with the inscription pro in the showroom in the fully retracted position.

I know inscription pro has the massage function but does anyone know if the extension is the same between the two?

Thanks

Zebra Nov 11th, 2018 22:08

I have MY19 Inscription Pro. Seat extensions, side bolster adjustment, 4 way lumber adjustment and massage. Very configurable and comfortable. The heated seat and ventilation also great. Never thought I would really need all that but it does make for a relaxing journey.

The gap is noticeable but I like the support of the extensions. I would imagine the extensions would be the same between the two seats.

Deman77 Nov 11th, 2018 23:34

Yes they are different seats, different extensions cushioning and different leather.

NewV90Owner Nov 12th, 2018 08:51

seats

I have the momentum pro seats.

The extension is ok but the padding in the seat bit is a bit thin. I find it sore after a few hours.

If I specced a SPA car again I would go inscription on the seats.

redbuta Nov 12th, 2018 14:12

I thought both Momentum Pro and Inscription Pro have "fine Nappa" "Comfort seat"?

Tresco85 Nov 13th, 2018 07:24

We have the Inscription Pro and find them uncomfortable where the seat extends and are now using a gel seat cushion so I would try and go for a longer test drive to try them.

antman99 Nov 13th, 2018 10:24

Thanks everyone , something to consider I think.

MaDProFF Nov 13th, 2018 10:38

There are a lot of people who are not happy with the seats, and the leg extenders seem to be a problem for some, I sit on the fence, not the best seats in the world, but not unbearable as some state.

I would spend as much time in them as possible, but there is a huge adjustment variation that does take some time to get the right position.

XC60 T8 D Pro

Ringthane Nov 13th, 2018 11:44

I got excited about the leg extenders and spent a month with them extended to varying degrees, but found the gap uncomfortable.

I now have them retracted and the seat is very comfortable.

As MadProFF says, the higher spec car’s seats, have a lot of adjustment possibilities and three months in, I’m still tweaking.

macklij Nov 13th, 2018 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringthane (Post 2466345)
I got excited about the leg extenders and spent a month with them extended to varying degrees, but found the gap uncomfortable.

I now have them retracted and the seat is very comfortable.

As MadProFF says, the higher spec car’s seats, have a lot of adjustment possibilities and three months in, I’m still tweaking.

Totally agree with all of this.
Very disappointed with the leg extenders - it feels like a ridge and a gap