Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2005 xc70 2.5t dtsc switch (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295362)

schooner Jun 3rd, 2019 05:17

2005 xc70 2.5t dtsc switch

My 05 XC70 2.5t Cross Country is fitted with a DTSC button on the centre console, but it does not appear to work as the light will not come on and there seems to be no traction control as the wheels appear to lose traction even under a relatively light throttle (wet and dry) :eek:

The DSTC check light on the dash goes out after start up per the book and my car does not appear to have a DSTC control setting on the trip computer.

Any thoughts?

SwissXC90 Jun 3rd, 2019 05:41

Scan with Vida.

Vida can test the light on the button, and Vida can tell you if the button press is working

reggit Jun 3rd, 2019 06:09

It’s also a long press of that button to get it to toggle. About 3 seconds

schooner Jun 3rd, 2019 06:14

Is the DSTC on by default at startup and you then use the button to switch it off?

bkulcsar Jun 3rd, 2019 06:53

You can remove and replace ONLY the DSTC button. No sofware needed. Been there done that recently.

schooner Jun 3rd, 2019 07:21

Thanks. I hope that sorts it

reggit Jun 3rd, 2019 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by schooner (Post 2525803)
Is the DSTC on by default at startup and you then use the button to switch it off?

Yes, it's on by default

schooner Jun 6th, 2019 04:02

Dstc

Diagnostic scan showed no faults, and while I am going to replace the DSTC switch, I was wondering whether or not it is possible to reset the DSTC to "always on" using the diagnostics via the OBD2 port? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Out of interest, my dip beam bulb was also blown and I decided to replace all four hedadlight bulbs. Four hours later using smart phone camera and working upside down and back to front I finished the job. Well done Volvo, great design.... :Not_Impressed::Not_Impressed::Not_Impressed::Not_ Impressed:

100K+ Jun 6th, 2019 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by schooner (Post 2526515)
Out of interest, my dip beam bulb was also blown and I decided to replace all four hedadlight bulbs. Four hours later using smart phone camera and working upside down and back to front I finished the job. Well done Volvo, great design.... :Not_Impressed::Not_Impressed::Not_Impressed::Not_ Impressed:

After you have done it a few more times, you'll have it down to under 10 minutes a side - It really is one of those jobs - the more you do it the easier it becomes. Near side easier than offside, dips harder than mains.

That's me speaking pre face lift though - just seen your cars 2005. - sorry

Cheers
Bob

schooner Jun 10th, 2019 01:51

Hoping not to have to replace the bulbs again for a while :cool: