Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   'Parking climate is temporarily unavailable' (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=310820)

ComicGeek Oct 13th, 2020 08:15

'Parking climate is temporarily unavailable'

Brand new XC60 Inscription Pro, only a couple of weeks old. It's our first Volvo and getting very frustrated with the lack of up to date user manuals, and having to spend ages searching forums for answers that our local dealership can't provide. The salesman actually sneered at the thick user manual for our Kia trade in, but would love to have that now! Instead I've got a thin user guide that is useless and an online manual that doesn't reflect the car I've actually got!

So I've been trying to get the parking climate to work with Volvo on call without success for a few days to preheat the car in the morning - local dealership is absolutely useless, and have had a few issues with the car already so don't really want to go back there if I don't have to.

Battery is fully charged, full tank of fuel, about 7 degrees Celsius this morning - when I try and start parking climate through the app it just flags up an error message and shows 'parking climate is temporarily unavailable' on the dash.

Any ideas? I'm in the dog house as this was the feature that finally persuaded my wife to replace her much beloved Kia, and it's not working!! Please tell me I'm doing something wrong!

jonnyu Oct 13th, 2020 08:19

Inscription pro has many extras included like the panoramic roof, dynamic suspension, ventilated car seats, pilot assist, etc but i dont believe that the option that allows you to preheat your car is available in that package.

You can turn on the parking climate when the car is hot (it will turn the ventilation on) but not when the car is cold because thats an additional option, sometimes not available in all the countries.

Tresco85 Oct 13th, 2020 08:26

You need the additional heater to use parking climate I believe so the best way is just to start the car from the app to heat the car in the morning.

Philip Fisher Oct 13th, 2020 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComicGeek (Post 2672703)
Brand new XC60 Inscription Pro, only a couple of weeks old. It's our first Volvo and getting very frustrated with the lack of up to date user manuals, and having to spend ages searching forums for answers that our local dealership can't provide. The salesman actually sneered at the thick user manual for our Kia trade in, but would love to have that now! Instead I've got a thin user guide that is useless and an online manual that doesn't reflect the car I've actually got!

So I've been trying to get the parking climate to work with Volvo on call without success for a few days to preheat the car in the morning - local dealership is absolutely useless, and have had a few issues with the car already so don't really want to go back there if I don't have to.

Battery is fully charged, full tank of fuel, about 7 degrees Celsius this morning - when I try and start parking climate through the app it just flags up an error message and shows 'parking climate is temporarily unavailable' on the dash.

Any ideas? I'm in the dog house as this was the feature that finally persuaded my wife to replace her much beloved Kia, and it's not working!! Please tell me I'm doing something wrong!

What engine is it? is it a T8?

jonnyu Oct 13th, 2020 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2672713)
What engine is it? is it a T8?

I dont think so because if he had the T8 that option is available as standard equipment.

Lexman8 Oct 13th, 2020 10:14

As stated above, you need the auxiliary heater fitted for pre-heating to work.

It is standard on T8s and was an option on some other models but, afaik, it hasn't actually been available as an option on any UK model for the last couple of years.

GlenEagles Oct 13th, 2020 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComicGeek (Post 2672703)

I have a similar model
It does not have parking climate
What it does have is the ability to set the heated seats,steering wheel and screen heaters to function below a certain temperature
when you start the car
If you then start from VOC before you go out the car will be pre warmed and ready to go

Philip Fisher Oct 13th, 2020 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyu (Post 2672734)
I dont think so because if he had the T8 that option is available as standard equipment.

That is what I am driving at. If he has a T8 then he might get that message because there is a fault (I know I have in the past seen that message). If he hasn't got a T8 then as you and others say he almost certainly does not have parking climate.

Philip Fisher Oct 13th, 2020 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyu (Post 2672734)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2672742)
As stated above, you need the auxiliary heater fitted for pre-heating to work.

It is standard on T8s and was an option on some other models but, afaik, it hasn't actually been available as an option on any UK model for the last couple of years.

I wonder if yours is the only D5 with the optional auxiliary heater Lexman?

ComicGeek Oct 13th, 2020 12:00

Thanks everyone.

Hmm.... looks like something else that the dealership completely lied about then! I think I'll forward their emails onto Volvo so that they can re-educate them.

It's the B5P engine. Ignoring the parking climate function on the app completely then ... I can start the car remotely through the app, but can't get any heat at all from the seats, steering wheel or screen. On the central screen I have these ticked as options to start, so will have to do some more research to work out what's going on here.

So frustrating when the online manual includes options that aren't even supposedly available in this country or on my vehicle, and is so complicated. I've asked repeatedly for the dealership to do a video call with me to run through the car as they couldn't do a proper handover, but they don't seem to understand what they've sold us either!