Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   240 General: Original stickers replicas (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=118952)

vlv240 Mar 10th, 2011 19:57

Original stickers replicas

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to tell you that I am able to make replicas of the original stickers that our beloved 240 had (ie the ones located in the engine compartment, the one/s on the inside of the rear windscreen)...and can also create new stickers (any kind of).
All I need is a photo of the sticker you want (close-up) and its dimensions (at least its length and height but it would be great to have all of them: height of characters, length of the lines ...).
Prices are very convenient (ie for a sticker like the ones usually located in the engine compartment, mid size, 1 background color, and black fonts, text + a few lines) 1 GBP.
So, if anyone is interested just let me know.

For a proper start, I would need your help:

- I would like to replicate the sticker located (from factory) on the expansion bottle (cooling fluid reservoir)...I remember it was a rectangular one with gold like color background and black fonts (I might be wrong as I had it pretty intact many years ago).

If someone has it intact and can provide me a photo and at least some of its dimensions or all of them, I would replicate it immediately and post a photo of it here, therefore, if some of you would be interested in I can make some right away.

That's all (4 2day):lightbulb:

Cheers:thumbs_up:

240 Mar 10th, 2011 20:35

1 Attachment(s)
can you make the side stripe stickers that are found on the torslanda estate?

vlv240 Mar 10th, 2011 20:38

Yes, if I have a photo of each one (close-up) and the dimensions of each one (of every line's thickness, length the distance - height- between each line, all details) in order to have a perfect replica of those stickers.:thumbs_up:

Do you still have the sticker on the expansion bottle (cooling fluid reservoir)?

240 Mar 10th, 2011 20:41

ill send some info to your email address:thumbs_up:

vlv240 Mar 10th, 2011 20:46

OK.

Mike_Brace Mar 10th, 2011 20:57

This is a very good idea - I will have a look to see what original stickers I have still in good condition.

Mike

vlv240 Mar 10th, 2011 21:03

I appreciate very much your approval Mike.
OK.
Take your time:thumbs_up:

Best regards,

Vlv 240

Clan Mar 10th, 2011 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlv240 (Post 860065)
OK.

what lifespan vinyl would you use ? ie how long would they last in the sunlight?

DarrenK Mar 11th, 2011 04:55

£1? Don't undersell yourself! People don't need stickers like this, they want them and when someone wants something like this they are more than willing to pay... providing off course the product is good.

Are your graphics just computer cut vinyl or are you capable of printing and laminating?

Clifford Pope Mar 11th, 2011 08:06

Excellent idea. I agree, don't undersell it. Nobody "needs" a sticker, but those who want them for completeness will pay several pounds a sticker.

Some of course would be vehicle specific rather than generic:

Axle type/ratio/serial number - topical thread!
Engine type/serial number - on upper timing cover
Specification sticker in boot

and doubtless others.