Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   vibration on steering wheel ( puzzle) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=338667)

BBA Mar 9th, 2024 19:29

vibration on steering wheel ( puzzle)

Hello , everyone I know here is some posts about my guess will be one more:confused_smile:
Ok problem is from 65mph and above steering wheel vibration .
Done top shock mounts both side (front )
both shocks
drop links
Both driveshafts
both coil springs
wheels straight (checked)
lower arms changed less then 10000 miles ago
I know left brake discs to do but I very doubt they will help any another ideas or experience will be very helpful. Thank you all in advance.

Dippydog Mar 10th, 2024 10:16

Wheels balanced? No bulges on tyre sidewall[s]? Wheel bearing[s]?Although I think the latter would make some kind of noise too.

BBA Mar 10th, 2024 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippydog (Post 2940021)
Wheels balanced? No bulges on tyre sidewall[s]? Wheel bearing[s]?Although I think the latter would make some kind of noise too.

Hi thank you for reply , wheels balanced to 0 grams tyres less than 2000miles ,
bearings looks solid no plays and quite track rod ends new and geometry done on Hunter eagle
how ever I noticed also vibration goes to accelerator pedal .

iainmd Mar 10th, 2024 14:33

Wheel alignment. Have you had a decent (Hunter) alignment done since all of the above was done (rather than in between it all)?

BBA Mar 10th, 2024 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by iainmd (Post 2940053)
Wheel alignment. Have you had a decent (Hunter) alignment done since all of the above was done (rather than in between it all)?

yes it is first done all work and than alignment ,it is improve massively as before you need a bit of muscle to hold vibration on the steering wheel and now
vibration still exist but in much better way, very occasionally I get steering wheel shake , now it is more sort of inner vibration ( sorry hard to explain)before I can see and feel now I just feeling most of the time and time at time I can see (but much less then before) and yes Hunter very decent as it is 2023 version and brand new.

Kev0607 Mar 10th, 2024 19:14

Bent alloy?

BBA Mar 10th, 2024 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2940100)
Bent alloy?

Thanks , as above alloys was checked and they round :regular_smile:

Kev0607 Mar 11th, 2024 14:23

So you've checked for bent alloys and inspected all the tyres for bulges or flat spots?

Are you sure all the weights for balancing are still on all the wheels? They can fall off.

BBA Mar 12th, 2024 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2940228)
So you've checked for bent alloys and inspected all the tyres for bulges or flat spots?

Are you sure all the weights for balancing are still on all the wheels? They can fall off.

Hi thank you for keep up , but I can answer to all your question YES as I do all work my self and I was driven today and can say I do get steering shake but not always and it is feels like I do can sometimes play that shake by press depress accelerator.

Kev0607 Mar 12th, 2024 16:42

Engine mounts... ?

If they're worn, they can transfer vibration to the steering.