Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Thoughts on XC60 T8 2018 R-design Pro please (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=281336)

MaDProFF May 2nd, 2018 12:15

Thoughts on XC60 T8 2018 R-design Pro please

Hi All, New to Forums.

Close to placing an order for a XC60 T8 R Pro.
I own an AMG GLA 45 at present 2016 model, Never owned a Volvo before, main reason for change are mostly financial to get car into business, hence has to be hybrid. I did have a deposit placed 4 months ago on an Ipace, but in the end I decided against it, speccing was 80K no discounts and you had to spend 1000's just on basic things like carpets, privacy glass heated steering wheel etc.

Thought Please:-

Of Course it all depends on how driven.

1/ Real World fuel consumption on longer journeys.
2/ Real world driving performance on Batteries only is it good enough for general driving short distances, and keeping up with traffic movement?
3/ Handling in general on faster drives :) Body roll etc.
4/ Headlights at night With Pro option lights.
5/ Anyone added Polar Performance stage one update?

I am tempted to spec a R design, with all the extras, but some are not available on the R, light headlight system, I drive quite a bit at night.

My only real issue with the Build for R Pro are the Wheel Sizes, and Tyre Options, I do not really want 21" wheels as like some others on here quoted:- I like to use winter tyres, in fact I use them all year around have done for years. Prices horrendous for tyres in 21" and over 19's with lack of choice. I (always get Nokians)

How is running in completed if you never use engine on short journey's.

Any other info appreciated, and thoughts please.

Goodshot May 3rd, 2018 20:31

I didn't want the 21" wheels so opted for an inscription instead. Cost more I guess but by the time you spec them out probably not much difference in price.

I would really have preferred the 19" wheels on the Inscription but got my arm twisted for the 20" wheel Inscription Pro.

Only makes any sense as a company car.

MaDProFF May 3rd, 2018 23:49

Thanks for reply

I have done the deal now anyhow, R Design Pro mid June Delivery.

Also there is an offer at present 19" Wheels, and Winter Tyres for £2200 Inc VAT which is not too bad I guess. I have run Winter Tyres on all my vehicles for quite a few years now, and all year around.

I am buying it through my Company.

My only disappointment though is my Car will be a MY19, I would prefer a MY18 as MY19 has approx 5% power reduction because of emissions and air control or something.

I may look at Polestar map update, which I guess would take it back up.

s3t0Kaiba May 12th, 2018 02:17

Any more information on the reasoning behind the power reduction for MY19 T8?Was there official news from Volvo on it?

Have ordered XC90 T8 Inscription, due in July. I had done all the research on 18.5 data but missed the slots so rolled over to 19. Pricing was better in Ireland for 19, and I noticed the fuel tank increased from 50l to 70l, but power is down from 407hp to 390hp, 0-60s lose 0.2s also. CO2 is up from 49 to 59. Disappointing, but have to assume it’s something to do with Euro6b emission regulation, and not reliability issues. Swings and roundabouts...

MaDProFF May 12th, 2018 09:06

Volvo have it listed in there dealer updates, it is to do with emissions and fitting of some parts.

There were some other changes that different models had for the XC60 just variations of options included in price etc.

Delivery charge also went up.

s3t0Kaiba May 12th, 2018 11:55

Is there a link or somewhere I can see these dealer updates? New to this forum, I’m not sure if this stuff is on here somewhere already

MaDProFF May 12th, 2018 19:03

I only saw them on the screen in the dealer. So an internal memo, not sure where else you can get the info with out contacting a dealer