Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Volvo unable to supply parts for 1 year old xc60 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=302820)

erne1000 Jan 24th, 2020 22:06

Volvo unable to supply parts for 1 year old xc60

Hi. I am the owner of an 18 month XC60. My car has been sat at the dealers for 2 months awaiting the suppply by Volvo of a replacement wiring loom. The original one is scrap due to water ingress in the passenger footwell. Volvo have now told the dealer that it will be a further 2 months before a oom can be supplied. So a one year old car will be off the road for more than 4 months due to Volvo unable to support its customers or dealers. I am going to have to traed in the car as faith in the brand has been shaken, not only a faulty car but inability to fix it in a reasonable time...I really didnt think that Volvo was such a unprefessional manufacturer ,,I thought that their Brand meant something about quality. The dealer mentioned that months waiting for replacement parts was nothing unusual.....so it looks like i will be going back to Audi. Anyone else had issues re replacement parts?

Boatie Jan 24th, 2020 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by erne1000 (Post 2592782)
Hi. I am the owner of an 18 month XC60. My car has been sat at the dealers for 2 months awaiting the suppply by Volvo of a replacement wiring loom. The original one is scrap due to water ingress in the passenger footwell. Volvo have now told the dealer that it will be a further 2 months before a oom can be supplied. So a one year old car will be off the road for more than 4 months due to Volvo unable to support its customers or dealers. I am going to have to traed in the car as faith in the brand has been shaken, not only a faulty car but inability to fix it in a reasonable time...I really didnt think that Volvo was such a unprefessional manufacturer ,,I thought that their Brand meant something about quality. The dealer mentioned that months waiting for replacement parts was nothing unusual.....so it looks like i will be going back to Audi. Anyone else had issues re replacement parts?

When my ACC and a few other things went belly up a few years ago on my then 30 month old V70 the dealer went through a Volvo precribed process. Part of this process involved replacing a wiring loom. I was told that a loom would have to be specially made and it would take 6-8 weeks. I was also told that if that didn't solve the problem the next step would be to repace a camera. The loom arrived ahead of schedule but didn't work. A new, off the shelf camera did.

J30 YAP Jan 25th, 2020 01:24

“Prefessional”? Really!

erne1000 Jan 26th, 2020 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by J30 YAP (Post 2592828)
“Prefessional”? Really!

Sorry about the typo, its not the only one....... but clearly you dont have anything sensible to contribute to this conversation, obviously you prefer to sit and snipe..a hobby of yours?

Crockers Jan 26th, 2020 21:14

I hope you’re in a comparable loan car.

Think positive. At least you’re putting mikes on their car and not yours.