Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   The infamous DPF delete! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=301069)

D6Stevie Nov 29th, 2019 03:59

The infamous DPF delete!

I have searched and searched again which done zero good!
Question for today is-
If I was to remove the dpf Lmzz

Zebster Nov 29th, 2019 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by D6Stevie (Post 2576292)
Question for today is-

Sleep well!

lockstock Nov 29th, 2019 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by D6Stevie (Post 2576292)
Question for today is-

no grey area, illegal, car churns out whole load of more poison without it... noone will help on here, sorry

MacV50 Nov 29th, 2019 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockstock (Post 2576312)
no grey area, illegal, car churns out whole load of more poison without it... noone will help on here, sorry

Yep, it's now a specific part of the MOT to check for signs of tampering and fail the car if there are

I suspect there will be quite a few cars out there with DPF removed. When a new owner tries to MOT, they may be in for a shock

D6Stevie Nov 29th, 2019 23:59

well that was a post failure lol. To much tiredness 😂🙈 What it should of read was can I replace dpf with replacement pipe then take to get remapped? Or will it simply fail to drive?

lockstock Nov 30th, 2019 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by D6Stevie (Post 2576502)
well that was a post failure lol. To much tiredness 😂🙈 What it should of read was can I replace dpf with replacement pipe then take to get remapped? Or will it simply fail to drive?

the best way to remove the Dpf, is to replace it with a petrol T5

T5R92011 Nov 30th, 2019 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by D6Stevie (Post 2576502)

I should expect it will go into Limp home mode but will still drive albeit without much power.

However.....

https://www.safetyandhealthmagazine....diesel-exhaust
Quote:

Short-term exposure to high concentrations of diesel exhaust and diesel particulate matter can result in dizziness; headaches; and eye, nose and throat irritation, the agency states. Prolonged exposure can increase a worker’s risk of cardiovascular, cardiopulmonary and respiratory disease, and lung cancer.

dingov70 Dec 1st, 2019 06:12

Removing the DPF is ILLEGAL , yes you can replace the dpf with a suitable pipe , re map the ecu to delete the dpf portion of the software .

But prey you never visit me for your MOT , It will fail , I know as I regularly fail diesels that have been tampered with . Even if the DPF is fitted , having been gutted & there are no signs of tampering , trust me , my magic smoke machine will let me know very quickly .

Do not believe the pub experts wisdom , strangely high smoke readings on a dpf equipped engine make me search for a reason

D6Stevie Dec 4th, 2019 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingov70 (Post 2576774)
Removing the DPF is ILLEGAL , yes you can replace the dpf with a suitable pipe , re map the ecu to delete the dpf portion of the software .

But prey you never visit me for your MOT , It will fail , I know as I regularly fail diesels that have been tampered with . Even if the DPF is fitted , having been gutted & there are no signs of tampering , trust me , my magic smoke machine will let me know very quickly .

Do not believe the pub experts wisdom , strangely high smoke readings on a dpf equipped engine make me search for a reason

Had I wished or required a pointless rant about legalities... I'd of asked the next time cops lift me. 🙄
And fear not... for no car of mine shall ever require you to MOT them. Zhowever it is great to read your self righteous and condescending views upon those 'lesser persons' than yourself.

D6Stevie Dec 4th, 2019 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockstock (Post 2576535)
the best way to remove the Dpf, is to replace it with a petrol T5

not for the miles I do.