Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   V90 R design ordered (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=278427)

Belmont84 Feb 17th, 2018 18:33

V90 R design ordered

Hi all, I have ordered a V90 R design T4 in Osmium grey with a reversing camera. I am completely new to the brand and this is a complete change of cars for me. I am coming from a long list of performance cars. The reason for the change? I got broken into before Christmas for the keys for my car, luckily I managed to disturb them and since I have a young family I just don’t want the hassle of owning a performance car.

I am really looking forward to taking delivery.

pigglesberg Feb 17th, 2018 21:00

I've ordered the same model and colour but a D4 not the T4! This will be my first Volvo too and I'm also looking forward to taking delivery.

I notice you're based on the Wirral, if you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you order from?

Belmont84 Feb 17th, 2018 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigglesberg (Post 2370398)
I've ordered the same model and colour but a D4 not the T4! This will be my first Volvo too and I'm also looking forward to taking delivery.

I notice you're based on the Wirral, if you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you order from?

Ordered via Clivebrook in Bradford. I went to Rybrook Chester but they couldn’t get near the deal I got from Clivebrook. On the plus side their showroom was lovely.

pigglesberg Feb 17th, 2018 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont84 (Post 2370405)
Ordered via Clivebrook in Bradford. I went to Rybrook Chester but they couldn’t get near the deal I got from Clivebrook. On the plus side their showroom was lovely.

I went Rybrook also, but their Warrington dealership. Took 6 days to get back to me which I found disappointing and then the price was a lot more than Stoneacre Chesterfield where I ordered.

I commute a fair bit to Neston so I'll be keeping my eyes open for another Osmium grey when over the water!

Belmont84 Feb 17th, 2018 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigglesberg (Post 2370412)
I went Rybrook also, but their Warrington dealership. Took 6 days to get back to me which I found disappointing and then the price was a lot more than Stoneacre Chesterfield where I ordered.

I commute a fair bit to Neston so I'll be keeping my eyes open for another Osmium grey when over the water!

Take it you work for Aldi?

pigglesberg Feb 17th, 2018 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont84 (Post 2370421)
Take it you work for Aldi?

Haha no!

I work with my brother in law, we make animations and our studio is at the back of his house in Neston!

Belmont84 Feb 18th, 2018 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigglesberg (Post 2370449)
Haha no!

I work with my brother in law, we make animations and our studio is at the back of his house in Neston!

Ha cool. I used to live in Neston and my son goes to nursery in Neston and I work in Liverpool so the chances are high that you will see another Osmium grey!

anotherv60 Feb 19th, 2018 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmont84 (Post 2370339)
Hi all, I have ordered a V90 R design T4 in Osmium grey with a reversing camera. I am completely new to the brand and this is a complete change of cars for me. I am coming from a long list of performance cars. The reason for the change? I got broken into before Christmas for the keys for my car, luckily I managed to disturb them and since I have a young family I just don’t want the hassle of owning a performance car.

I am really looking forward to taking delivery.

Great choice, I have the D4 in Osmium grey - It is such a great car you'll be driving it all the time!

Belmont84 Feb 19th, 2018 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherv60 (Post 2371191)
Great choice, I have the D4 in Osmium grey - It is such a great car you'll be driving it all the time!

Thanks, really looking forward to it.

How do you find the standard stereo?

Guy_RDesign Feb 19th, 2018 22:25

Thought I would chime in too.

I have also ordered a T4 Osmium Grey V90 in R Design spec.

I went with Front sensors and rear camera as the only options. Due in early April... Can't wait!