Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tim Williams address ? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=293818)

john493 Apr 13th, 2019 09:23

Tim Williams address ?

Tim has agreed to remap my car this coming Monday, but although he's agreed to do it, he is not responding to my endless requests for his address !
I've messaged him on FB, phoned his mobile, texted etc.

Can anyone here help before I have to go elsewhere ?
Thanks

John

Simmy Apr 13th, 2019 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by john493 (Post 2512538)
Tim has agreed to remap my car this coming Monday, but although he's agreed to do it, he is not responding to my endless requests for his address !
I've messaged him on FB, phoned his mobile, texted etc.

Can anyone here help before I have to go elsewhere ?
Thanks

John

coalville liecestershre

john493 Apr 13th, 2019 17:04

Thanks but that's just the town, I need the full address so I can drive there !

Simmy Apr 16th, 2019 21:20

try on the vt facebook page lots of people use him on there

john493 Apr 16th, 2019 21:32

Thanks guys - I gave up in the end and went to Shemtek - got a very good remap at a competitive price with great comms too - definitely recommended:

https://shemtekautomotivesolutions.epageuk.com

If you're looking for a marble floor & plate glass windows, you'll be disappointed - if you want a good remap (or other Volvo work) done by a knowledgeable guy who cares about customers, well worth a try.

barrybritcher May 23rd, 2019 00:31

yep I'm debating shem remap soon

john493 May 23rd, 2019 08:38

Hi Barry,
Would recommend Shemtek for the remap, a fair trip for you though.
You could post him your ECU if you can do without the car for a few days ?
Shem not only does good work at competitive prices, he is responsive with customers.

I would have been happy for Tim Williams to do mine, but despite quoting me for the remap, I was unable to get hold of him to book a date. He has a great reputation for good engine work, but that's not much use if he's not contactable & does not respond to messages left. (that is my recent experience)

John

T5Sweep May 23rd, 2019 18:25

Does Shem have an email address? I can't seem to find one on the website.

john493 May 23rd, 2019 18:37

Look up Shemtek on facebook & message him there

harveys May 23rd, 2019 20:37

He's gone to Nordschleife for the week it's his holiday.

domhart10 May 27th, 2019 10:13

Completly agree with you here john493, am now going to try get Shem to do my work ... have been constantly been let down by Tim since Feb agreeing dates with him and for him to then bail over an over again with 0 communication and notice. Im still struggling to get hold of some parts I sent to him so that I can get someone else to do it which is very frustrating.

But the more difficult thing is I see him actively on facebook responding and booking in people last min which makes it even more frustrating.

I defenitly wouldnt recommend Tim at the moment. He has a high mention on the forums and facebook pages but so far has been incredibly difficult to communicate with.

Simmy May 27th, 2019 15:39

tim is always very busy and there are only so many hours in a day . no one can work 24 /7

Rich850R May 28th, 2019 04:46

Been trying to get him hold of shem for a map since beggining of march, hasn't bothered to reply or acknowledge

Selby May 28th, 2019 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2524035)
tim is always very busy and there are only so many hours in a day . no one can work 24 /7

But not responding when people have booked in is a bit **** isn’t it?

Simmy May 28th, 2019 20:12

good things will come to all of those who wait others will go elsewhere you choose

alanoconnor May 28th, 2019 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by john493 (Post 2513548)
Thanks guys - I gave up in the end and went to Shemtek - got a very good remap at a competitive price with great comms too - definitely recommended:

https://shemtekautomotivesolutions.epageuk.com

If you're looking for a marble floor & plate glass windows, you'll be disappointed - if you want a good remap (or other Volvo work) done by a knowledgeable guy who cares about customers, well worth a try.

Great guy. Did all of the work on mine. Excellent communication throughout the build - even sent pictures and videos - and has been great after it with general advice. Long way from Cornwall but next time I need something major I will be sticking Gloria on a truck.

Selby May 29th, 2019 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2524463)
good things will come to all of those who wait others will go elsewhere you choose

Hmmm, I guess so but if I booked my car in for some work and the guy didn’t respond to messages asking for his address I wouldn’t think - this guys obviously so busy he can’t spend 15 seconds responding to my message, he must be amazing. I’d think, this guys a nob.

alanoconnor May 29th, 2019 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selby (Post 2524527)
Hmmm, I guess so but if I booked my car in for some work and the guy didn’t respond to messages asking for his address I wouldn’t think - this guys obviously so busy he can’t spend 15 seconds responding to my message, he must be amazing. I’d think, this guys a nob.

When I was looking to spend cash on an S60 T5 I bought for £1850 with 76K on the clock with zero service history (apart from 1 invoice - a fake one - and MOT history) I asked around. There were 2 people I would have trusted to do the work needed to be done.

Both have been mentioned. Both were highly recommended as experts in inline 5 turbocharged engines. I met Tim but was told he was really busy - experts in their field, especially sought after ones - usually are.

I contacted the other named company and, essentially, said I didn't care how long it took, I didn't care how much it cost but I wanted it spot on.

It still needs work but I know how much effort went into the car. Some of the things he did I didn't even have to pay for. He even spoke to ex owners of the car who were unable to get the car right. He did what very few people can do - turned a piece of metal into something arguably better than Volvo made when she was new.

Shemtek - I'm a Fanboy:)

Rich850R May 30th, 2019 07:42

Drew in Northants is another fantastic Volvo Mechanic, nothing that guy doesn't know.