Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Volvo S60 Passenger Seat Rattle? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=297657)

Pointer7 Aug 16th, 2019 12:15

Volvo S60 Passenger Seat Rattle?

Hey All,

I have had an intermittent knocking noise coming from what I though was the NSR area underneath the car (or boot area somewhere)

around a month ago the missus drove and I sat in the passenger seat, I raised it up a bit and the next time I drove it, the knocking had gone? it has started again in the last few days without me touching the seat...

Any ideas on what else I could try? I've tried all positions with the seat but no joy

GMcL Aug 17th, 2019 14:18

I had various rattles and creaks from my S60. I had tape on the seat levers, door cards off and cables re-seated, B pillar trim off and foam strips added to stop plastic on metal etc... etc... etc...

On one trip my daughter was in the passenger seat and noticed the sound was coming from the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror. The access panel works loose over time. A touch with my finger tip is enough to make the rattle go away for a while.

Pointer7 Aug 21st, 2019 13:10

Seat Rattle

I checked behind the mirror but all good. It's definitely a more solid sounding knock... There must be a sweet spot in the seating position! Maybe I'll check the boot etc. Later incase it's something that end,

Spike56 Aug 22nd, 2019 18:43

Do you have the storage box in the backrest? I leave my rear dash cam in there and when I forget, it reminds me by knocking!

Lonsdale Aug 23rd, 2019 00:11

Check your n/s seat belt clasp is sitting flush with the door pillar

leaveittoderek Mar 20th, 2023 15:49

I also have the same issue as you on my S60, did you ever find it?

Pointer7 Mar 21st, 2023 08:34

No still knocking, I've tried everything. Took the boot floor out, folded the seats down, made sure the passenger belt wasn't hitting on the door but no luck.

It also had new shocks, and drop links but again no difference. I also noticed that when I sit in the passenger seat and the other half is driving, I can't hear it but she can... what the hell is going on lol

SmartMAC Feb 22nd, 2024 22:13

I have what it appears to be the same problem on my V60. I have tried everything and I can't find the rattle.
It comes from the rear and sounds like a loose stone moving inside a small plastic box. It is not the rear belts, or the boot cover, nothing on the doors rattle and I have looked under the front seats and the rear latches and it is all solid. Used silicone grease on the belt mechanism.
Like I said, it is driving me crazy......

V60white Feb 25th, 2024 13:21

Same on my V60, tried everything to locate it but sometimes it's quiet then a pothole later it starts again !!

All the suspension is tight, the interior panels seem to clipped OK, it's not the seat belts and it's driving me CRAZY too !!!:angry_smile:

GrahamHR Feb 25th, 2024 22:17

The annoying rattle on my 2016 V60 Polestar was the passenger side seatbelt clip vibrating against the B pillar trim. When there is no passenger, I just clip the seatbelt into place.