Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   XC70: General Volvo S80 Seats in XC70? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290516)

Hillkidstr Jan 10th, 2019 15:25

Volvo S80 Seats in XC70?

I have a Volvo XC70 with beige leather interior but want to change the seats to black along with the door cards and the rest of the interior. I am tempted by a set of seats in a Volvo S80 and was wondering if they would fit as I understand the dash and front end are virtually the same apart from the XC style bumpers and wings and I think the front seats are the same I am just curious about the rear seats? As from what I can gather they are built on the same platform?

Thanks

100K+ Jan 10th, 2019 16:49

Don't know about front seats, I'd guess,,, they were the same, but might have different fixings to chassis.
Rear seats are deffo different as V70's do tricks to fold down flat to extend rear luggage space.

Cheers
Bob

mhon72 Jan 11th, 2019 11:12

In theory the front seats should swap in so long as they have like for like functions. However, it is possible the chassis mountings may have changed during the build life so pick donor interior of a similar vintage to yours.
The door cards should all swap in.
And yes the rear seats will be different due to the design of the bulkheads in both cars.
Is your dashboard & console beige or black? If you need to change this to match then it's likely to scupper plans as it is real ball-ache to remove a dash.

Hillkidstr Jan 11th, 2019 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhon72 (Post 2483824)
In theory the front seats should swap in so long as they have like for like functions. However, it is possible the chassis mountings may have changed during the build life so pick donor interior of a similar vintage to yours.
The door cards should all swap in.
And yes the rear seats will be different due to the design of the bulkheads in both cars.
Is your dashboard & console beige or black? If you need to change this to match then it's likely to scupper plans as it is real ball-ache to remove a dash.

Dash is two tone beige and black already bought a new dash to go in so should be ok.

And yes I could sell and buy another but it took me long enough to find one with the spec I wanted never mind the interior colour lol.

So the v70, xc70 and s80 are all virtually the same cars? As front ends all look the same.

Tatsfield Jan 12th, 2019 20:00

Before you rip out everything, might I suggest that you could use Gliptone "Liquid Leather" to change the colour of any leather or plastic upholstery. I have changed light tan to dark antique brown and it looks original. I know a guy who changed black to red. Gliptone will even match a known manufacturer's colour if you can give them the colour name and code. It's merely a matter of painting the compound on and giving it several coats until you have total cover. Always easier of you remove the seats and cards from the car, but don't turn up your nose at the concept. It really is a great product that totally does exactly what it says on the "tin".

mhon72 Jan 13th, 2019 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsfield (Post 2484342)
Before you rip out everything, might I suggest that you could use Gliptone "Liquid Leather" to change the colour of any leather or plastic upholstery. I have changed light tan to dark antique brown and it looks original. I know a guy who changed black to red. Gliptone will even match a known manufacturer's colour if you can give them the colour name and code. It's merely a matter of painting the compound on and giving it several coats until you have total cover. Always easier of you remove the seats and cards from the car, but don't turn up your nose at the concept. It really is a great product that totally does exactly what it says on the "tin".

This would have been my other suggestion as I’ve used this product before to recolour plastic trim and on the lower dashboard would be perfect.
If you want to still swap out your interior I suggest searching information on the S80, V70, XC70 forum on Swedespeed as I know a couple of detailed write ups on there. It’s not for the faint hearted.

Hillkidstr Jan 14th, 2019 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsfield (Post 2484342)

Not a bad idea I will look at that as currently have my other car all stripped out with the dash removed and was wondering how best to 'dye' the plastic parts depending at how well it goes I may even do the Volvo in it I really want the Inscription leather seats but have only ever seen one car with them and since I've seen them I cant unsee them lol

Waynedance Jan 14th, 2019 17:14

The Sovereign Hide full leather seats are nice, I have them.

Never seen them in a V70 or XC70, yet.