Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Electrics: XC90 D5 04, Three beeps after ignition turned off. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=282774)

AdventureDriver Jun 9th, 2018 12:04

XC90 D5 04, Three beeps after ignition turned off.

Anybody any idea? After switching of the ignition the car emits three beeps.
The car has now for a while alarm, anti-skip, airbag and transmission service warnings, but the beeping is new. But it is not all the time.

SwissXC90 Jun 10th, 2018 08:44

Stop collecting faults and start solving them.
With so many faults you should probably start with a diy reset: battery disconnect, wait 30min, then reconnect.

Then do a diagnostic session in VIDA.

Then assess what to do next.

jamesholley Jun 11th, 2018 13:16

Sounds like excellent advice to me.

Sunnyday Jun 15th, 2018 17:20

Sounds like I have a little of the same trouble,have just got my XC90 so do not know all the names you have fired at the above member.

Meaning we all do not have this vida or what you need to get it. So I maybe asking the the same but it would be helpful if you could say where we get this stuff from.

SwissXC90 Jun 15th, 2018 18:34

VIDA = Volvo Information and DiAgnostics system
It runs on a Windows PC and uses a special interface called DICE to connect to the Volvo OBDII diagnostic port

Exactly as used by the Volvo Dealer.

Google Volvo VIDA DICE, you will find many sources for it.

Sunnyday Jun 15th, 2018 20:47

Thanks very much SwissXC90 for your info I am sure this is going to be of great help to me :D

Sunnyday Jun 16th, 2018 11:20

Hi, SwissXC90

Could you please tell me what a diy reset does. Also if you know what the chimes was when turning off the ignition. As I had this as well yesterday
I have just had a cambelt waterpump plus a service, sorry to say not at Volvo would have needed a mortgage, have a good local near me. Has always done my work on all my cars.

I was wondering if the diy reset was anything like I used to do on a Toyota Surf, in that you would turn off the ignition disconnect the battery then turn the ignition back on together with the lights on full beam. and this would reboot the ECU together with any other elecs that was holding settings. But you would leave it over night. Nothing would be working of cource because battery was disconnected.

Sunnyday Jun 23rd, 2018 15:14

No one able to answer the question I have asked in the above post ????:omg_smile:

nu11eaf Jun 23rd, 2018 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnyday (Post 2417523)
No one able to answer the question I have asked in the above post ????:omg_smile:

Just disconnect the battery earth lead and leave it 30 mins then reconnect.

nu11eaf Jun 23rd, 2018 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnyday (Post 2417523)

Just disconnect the battery earth lead and leave it 30 mins then reconnect.