Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   complete locks and keys for C70 coupe (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=306812)

tony209 Jun 10th, 2020 10:45

complete locks and keys for C70 coupe

Anyone scraping a C70? Looking for steering barrel, door and boot locks and keys plus the key code reader.

Thanks

flaggy Jun 10th, 2020 16:39

I have set from a 2003 C70 convertible. Boot lock, drivers door, ignition.Two fobs ,Two keys. Cant put a photo on here but could email one. Steve.

SteveSarre Jun 10th, 2020 17:45

Hi

Isn't the key code coded to the ECU?

Steve

tony209 Jun 11th, 2020 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaggy (Post 2637315)
I have set from a 2003 C70 convertible. Boot lock, drivers door, ignition.Two fobs ,Two keys. Cant put a photo on here but could email one. Steve.

pM on its way

tony209 Jun 11th, 2020 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSarre (Post 2637340)
Hi

Steve

key code is read by a white box under the dash by the steering column, along with the green box that decodes the fobs

tony209 Jun 11th, 2020 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSarre (Post 2637340)
Hi

Steve

Actually on a rethink, you might be right about that, just remembered that the box on top of the cluster is the signal receiver.

Edit:-
After talking to my son, I seem to have mixed up the boxes, the decoder box for the keys is a white box but it's under the dash along with the green box for the fobs.

flaggy Jun 11th, 2020 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony209 (Post 2637617)
Actually on a rethink, you might be right about that, just remembered that the box on top of the cluster is the signal receiver.

Edit:-
After talking to my son, I seem to have mixed up the boxes, the decoder box for the keys is a white box but it's under the dash along with the green box for the fobs.

The boxes are there if any good, also the ECU. Or does it mean they cant be put in another car.

SteveSarre Jun 11th, 2020 20:30

Hi all,

I have never done whole process that you are thinking of doing and I don't want to interfere with your search (and flaggy's offer) but I think it is not simple.

I have changed door locks, remotes, remote receiver, steering locks, etc., but I have not tried to change chipped keys or ECU.

Tony, why do you want to do this change? Can you just change some parts?
Do you have any keys at all, do they fit the steering lock, and do they start the engine (ie overcome the immobiliser)?

HTH
Steve

flaggy Jun 12th, 2020 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSarre (Post 2637757)
Hi all,

I have never done whole process that you are thinking of doing and I don't want to interfere with your search (and flaggy's offer) but I think it is not simple.

I have changed door locks, remotes, remote receiver, steering locks, etc., but I have not tried to change chipped keys or ECU.

Tony, why do you want to do this change? Can you just change some parts?
Do you have any keys at all, do they fit the steering lock, and do they start the engine (ie overcome the immobiliser)?

HTH
Steve

Thats ok , if its not feasable to do . If Tony wants to do it for what ever reason he can have the lot for postage cost, i dont suppose anyone else will want them. Steve.

tony209 Jun 13th, 2020 07:00

It's not me doing the change, it's my son - he's lost the only key and fob he had for his C70 coupe that he's working on. We have looked into getting a replacement key from Volvo or an ignition barrel to go with a set of keys and boxes that we have (should have removed the barrel!) but anyway you look at it, it's £300+