Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   VOC Section Events (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Yorkshire Section (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=268434)

V50t5dave May 6th, 2018 17:10

Bolton Abbey 27/05/18

I will be there from 11am in the Park. It will cost to enter last time £8 per car. Ok not free but well worth it. We park together so is it the cafe or barbie. Let me know. I hope the weather holds and it will be a good meet.
Hope all are good.
David:regular_smile:

Petey80 May 6th, 2018 18:05

Sounds good.

I'm easy with cafe or BBQ.

Bantambuddy May 8th, 2018 22:31

Cafe for the both of us.

Petey80 May 9th, 2018 09:32

£10 per car according to their web site.

skippyfox May 9th, 2018 16:18

I'll go with the flow, café, BBQ, not bothered either way, weather dependent I suppose. See you all there.:shades_smile:

Petey80 May 11th, 2018 11:52

I will bring along my DICE & Vida setup to help anyone that may need it.

pacman67 May 13th, 2018 21:53

Hopefully I can make this, and I've put the word round to a few folk.

V50t5dave May 21st, 2018 19:56

Re Bolton Abbey

Hi to all. Due to unforeseen circumstances I will not be able to attend. I hope you all will carry on and have a good day.
Please accept my apologies.
David:sad-smiley-008:

skippyfox May 21st, 2018 20:53

Still going to rock up, hope other members of the section come along. Got to keep the Yorkshire section going, and that's from a bloody Lancastrian...

Bantambuddy May 22nd, 2018 16:07

We will be there. Weather looks set :shades_smile:to be spendid as well

Dippydog May 22nd, 2018 20:58

Sadly this isn't doable because as the way it's running at present I wouldn't trust it to the end of our road and the car's only about 70ft away from that!

skippyfox May 22nd, 2018 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippydog (Post 2406473)
Sadly this isn't doable because as the way it's running at present I wouldn't trust it to the end of our road and the car's only about 70ft away from that!

Next time maybe. hope you get the bus sorted.

skippyfox May 22nd, 2018 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bantambuddy (Post 2406341)
We will be there. Weather looks set :shades_smile:to be spendid as well

Hope to see you there. Val and myself are hoping to get there for 11.00:shades_smile:

the_traveller May 22nd, 2018 21:49

I’m still hoping to come baring incident! Sunny bank holiday Sunday, i bet it’s heaving! Parking down by the river? I’ll park next to Volvo’s until i recognize someone ;p

skippyfox May 22nd, 2018 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_traveller (Post 2406498)
I’m still hoping to come baring incident! Sunny bank holiday Sunday, i bet it’s heaving! Parking down by the river? I’ll park next to Volvo’s until i recognize someone ;p

Keep your eyes out for a white xc70 and a tasty black xc 60 of Bantum Buddies both of us are hoping to be there, along with others I hope,

skippyfox May 25th, 2018 20:08

O.K. In the absence of our wing commander I hope we can muster up a fair few numbers for the Yorkshire section. Weather is looking good, so the more the merrier. Dave as tried his hardest to get this section up and running , so lets not let him down. I will be there for 11.00 hope to see some Volvo's and some familiar faces, and possibly a few new. All welcome to tag along. This is coming from a Lancastrian. All I'm saying is US up north..... Drive safe hope to see you all..

the_traveller May 26th, 2018 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippyfox (Post 2406522)
Keep your eyes out for a white xc70 and a tasty black xc 60 of Bantum Buddies both of us are hoping to be there, along with others I hope,

luckily I know you and your car, and its big and bright enough to see!

Petey80 May 27th, 2018 11:21

We are in the Main Car Park. At the back.

the_traveller May 27th, 2018 11:28

Back where? I’m driving around randomly haha

Petey80 May 27th, 2018 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_traveller (Post 2408024)
Back where? I’m driving around randomly haha

The main village car park. Top right hand corner.

the_traveller May 27th, 2018 11:37

Ah I’m down by the river ;p

the_traveller May 27th, 2018 11:44

Is anyone else up there, and is there much space?

Petey80 May 27th, 2018 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_traveller (Post 2408033)
Is anyone else up there, and is there much space?

A couple but we are walking to the riverside car park now. Just walking past the ruins now.

the_traveller May 27th, 2018 12:33

We parked up at the top and are now by the ruins, probably see you on your way back :p

V50t5dave Jun 5th, 2018 17:35

Re Bolton Abbey.

Why did you all park in the main car park. If you had gone to the top of the hill you could have parked by the Cavendish pavilion then down to the side of the river. That is what I intended. I can not understand your thinking. How do you think we could park together.
However, Seldmere is like that. I tried to get us onto the main arena I asked for numbers. I got zero response. If you can not be bothered neither cani I will be at Sledmere in my MGB.
I have said before about your apathy. That does not include Steve Aka Skippyfox. For a Lancastrian he is superb.
If you are coming please let me know so I can try to sort group parking You all are so frustrating. Why do I bother.
THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE.

Regards David::angry_smile:

Petey80 Jun 5th, 2018 18:26

There was no confirmation of where to meet up and the "main" car park seemed like the logical choice.
Steve and another member were there and unfortunately the traveller went to the Riverside car park.

I tried to help us all get together but others didn't seem too fussed.

I took my partner with me and after the event she expressed how she had been ignored and not made to feel welcome at all.
Another member and his partner were left on their own as they weren't up for the long trek around the grounds. Not good at all after making the journey.

I for one won't be at Sledmere.

I've attended 2 meets and neither were very car or Volvo orientated.

I understand your frustration Dave, but your recent posts and my recent experience have totally put me off making any further attempt at attending any further meets.

V50t5dave Jun 6th, 2018 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petey80 (Post 2411217)
There was no confirmation of where to meet up and the "main" car park seemed like the logical choice.
Steve and another member were there and unfortunately the traveller went to the Riverside car park.

I tried to help us all get together but others didn't seem too fussed.

I took my partner with me and after the event she expressed how she had been ignored and not made to feel welcome at all.
Another member and his partner were left on their own as they weren't up for the long trek around the grounds. Not good at all after making the journey.

I for one won't be at Sledmere.

I've attended 2 meets and neither were very car or Volvo orientated.

I understand your frustration Dave, but your recent posts and my recent experience have totally put me off making any further attempt at attending any further meets.

I fully understand your view. Unfortunately my grandsons birthday party was moved to this date so I could not attend. I wish you all the best.
David

V50t5dave Jun 6th, 2018 12:08

Yorkshire section

I have had to think long and hard about my decision, frustration with organising events and then only a few turn up. I know it is not compulsory. I have tried to be inclusive for both owner and partner.
If I have caused anyone offence accept my apologies. I have now resigned as Yorkshire secretary.
I wish you all the best and safe motoring.
David

dcw Jun 6th, 2018 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by V50t5dave (Post 2411489)
I have had to think long and hard about my decision, frustration with organising events and then only a few turn up. I know it is not compulsory. I have tried to be inclusive for both owner and partner.
If I have caused anyone offence accept my apologies. I have now resigned as Yorkshire secretary.
I wish you all the best and safe motoring.
David

Sorry to hear this David - I know personally I haven't been as supportive in attending as I'd have liked to be, although you know the reasons.

Trying to organise anything like this is a tough call - well done for giving it a go and I for one appreciate the efforts you put into it!

See you around

David

skippyfox Jun 6th, 2018 23:06

Yep Bolton Abbey was a bit of a none event but hey **** happens every now and again. I've never been there before so didn't know the script on that one. Sorry to hear you are calling it a day Dave, you give it your best. All being well the good lady and my self will do our best to get up to Sledmere. Will get in touch soon. DCW hope all is well with you, see you all about.

Selby Jun 7th, 2018 10:05

This threads better than eastenders.

MiniNinjaRob Jun 7th, 2018 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by V50t5dave (Post 2411196)
Why did you all park in the main car park.

Quote:

I can not understand your thinking.

Because it wasn't specified in your rather random info you posted about the meet.

Quote:

If you had gone to the top of the hill you could have parked by the Cavendish pavilion then down to the side of the river. That is what I intended.

Maybe stating what your intentions are before everyone drives hundreds of miles to get there would have been better?

I would love to come to one of these meets but they are always on a Sunday and always long distances away..... despite me living pretty much in the middle of Yorkshire.

MiniNinjaRob Jun 7th, 2018 12:51

I am hoping to be at the Leeds cruise this weekend in my 940 - Sat 9th from about 5pm onwards. Junction 1 M621 at the Burger King.

Its more for modified classic/hot rods/American cars but there is often a couple of Volvos there too - why not make it more?

skippyfox Jun 7th, 2018 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob (Post 2411818)
I am hoping to be at the Leeds cruise this weekend in my 940 - Sat 9th from about 5pm onwards. Junction 1 M621 at the Burger King.

Its more for modified classic/hot rods/American cars but there is often a couple of Volvos there too - why not make it more?

If I finish work early enough, might pop along to that, sounds interesting as in the past I've had a few American motors.

V50t5dave Jun 8th, 2018 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selby (Post 2411768)
This threads better than eastenders.

When you have been to a meet, you can have a say. If you want to talk the talk, please have the decency to come to a meet.
I know who you are so if you can not come to a meet please do not be sarcastic.

MiniNinjaRob Jun 10th, 2018 23:50

Quote:

please have the decency to come to a meet.
Especially if you’ve organised it. :wink_smile:

V50t5dave Jun 11th, 2018 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob (Post 2412915)
Especially if you’ve organised it. :wink_smile:

Sorry are you talking to me? I would have been there however my 3 year old grandson’s birthday party was moved to this date. Now let’s be honest I could have attended without the wife and spent the next 6 months in Coventry.
I said due to circumstances beyond my control.
I hope and wish through this someone will attempt to carry on.
Only DCW knows about my health but for the last 15 years I have struggled with PTSD. I am sorry to stop but my health come’s first.
I wish everyone all the best.
David.

dcw Jun 11th, 2018 20:42

Health always has to come first - if you don't let it, it will remind you of that soon enough. That's why at this point I'm not offering to take this on despite being tempted. Good luck to you David - you tried your best.

David

MiniNinjaRob Jun 12th, 2018 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by V50t5dave (Post 2413125)
Sorry are you talking to me? I would have been there however my 3 year old grandson’s birthday party was moved to this date. Now let’s be honest I could have attended without the wife and spent the next 6 months in Coventry.
I said due to circumstances beyond my control.
I hope and wish through this someone will attempt to carry on.
Only DCW knows about my health but for the last 15 years I have struggled with PTSD. I am sorry to stop but my health come’s first.
I wish everyone all the best.
David.

Yes I was. I am sorry about your circumstances/health but when you take on the role of an organiser you should make things you organise a priority, or at least have some sort of deputy who can step in just in case anything happens. You also need to have good planning with full details up on here so no-one is of any doubt as to what is happening.

Anyway, on a positive note I went to the Leeds Cruise on my own and stayed there a lot longer than I wanted as there was a chance someone might turn up who had read this thread. I don't think anyone did bt I did meet a new 940 owner who I directed to this forum, so it worked out well in the end. Hopefully my enthusiasm will have rubbed off on him and he will get a nice welcome here if he ever joins up.

V50t5dave Jun 12th, 2018 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob (Post 2413410)
Yes I was. I am sorry about your circumstances/health but when you take on the role of an organiser you should make things you organise a priority, or at least have some sort of deputy who can step in just in case anything happens. You also need to have good planning with full details up on here so no-one is of any doubt as to what is happening.

Anyway, on a positive note I went to the Leeds Cruise on my own and stayed there a lot longer than I wanted as there was a chance someone might turn up who had read this thread. I don't think anyone did bt I did meet a new 940 owner who I directed to this forum, so it worked out well in the end. Hopefully my enthusiasm will have rubbed off on him and he will get a nice welcome here if he ever joins up.

Sounds to me your just the man for the job. You have it all worked out.
Best of luck!