Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   body panels etc (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=163693)

bobthebarge Oct 4th, 2012 11:07

body panels etc

if any of you have seen the pics of my estate you will know i have quite a shopping list, but i may as well put my feelers out now for
body repair panels rear arches and lower rear 1/4 ,
front inner wing repair panels,
front wings
basically i probably need all the usual panels , so if you have any stuff left over from a project let me know, before i ring brookhouse
a spare steel wheel ( drum brake on rear)
bumpers

i am based in manchester /cheshire

Derek UK Oct 4th, 2012 12:49

As this seems to be your first post I doubt if many/any of us have seen pics of your car unless it was an eBay one that has been mentioned in dispatches as they say. We'd like to see them and I'd like to add your reg number to my estate database if I may.
Good luck with the rebuild.

bobthebarge Oct 4th, 2012 14:27

its the 1965 estate in the members cars gallery, i will update more pics when i figure a faster way of doing it,
reg number jjh 442 c been off road since the mid 80s, its not the one off ebay , this came from a derelict chicken farm in cheshire

Derek UK Oct 4th, 2012 15:58

Thanks for that. Not on the database. The rack is a bonus and worth more to Amazon owners than those who own Cortinas. IMO of course. Rust in the rear end of the Estate isn't an easy job so again, good luck with the resto.
Updates as you have them please!

bobthebarge Oct 4th, 2012 16:23

it was a site auction at a derlelict chicken farm, there were half a dozen old cars been stood since the 70s, saabs austin a55 vans some volvos, even an anglia van, lot 234 was the roof rack which i wanted for my cortina, lot 235 was the estate , the only people bidding were scrap dealers , so i stepped up to save it, sadly a banger racer bought a 244 estate, and the other amazon estate went to the scrap men,
the welding is beyond me , and will be done by professionals who have done some superb work on the cortina ,
i will bore everyone with lots of pics in due course,
but the reason i fell for the car was the build quality , compared to the cortina its fantastic, but i dont suppose that will suprise any of you

Derek UK Oct 4th, 2012 20:25

If you took any pics or the auction catalogue had any details including the reg number of the other Amazon estate, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

bobthebarge Oct 5th, 2012 07:23

the other estate

1 Attachment(s)
pic attached

bobthebarge Oct 5th, 2012 07:33

some of the other cars

2 Attachment(s)
you can see the volvo estate in the background

bobthebarge Oct 5th, 2012 07:41

the one that went to the banger racers

1 Attachment(s)
i didnt take a pic of this at the time, so this is one i googled from the sale, this is the one that the banger racers bought, i called it a 244 but its probably not, i would have bought it if it had been tax exempt as it looked like you could drive it home

billibob1980 Oct 5th, 2012 10:53

I want that Saab....

Good luck with the resto. Keep us updated!