Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Favourite Feature & Worst Feature of Your SPA Volvo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=293019)

simonjedrake Mar 19th, 2019 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by familymangreg (Post 2505843)
Most annoying I'd say is not having a button on the parking sensor display to toggle between it and 360. So imagine you pull into a space forwards, and the front parking sensors trigger and the centre display shows the parking sensor screen. Then you want to toggle 360 camera to see how you are aligned in the space or maybe what right ahead of you. So you have to press the home button, swipe and then hit the camera icon, fast enough that the front sensor doesn't beep again while you are doing this, otherwise the parking sensor display shows again and you start all over! Most annoying is it would seem such a minor software tweak to put a button on screen.

:wq

+1
Could not agree more - there is a desperate need for a simple user programmable button that could make the 360 camera so much more user friendly and practical.

Philip Fisher Mar 19th, 2019 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjedrake (Post 2505955)
+1
Could not agree more - there is a desperate need for a simple user programmable button that could make the 360 camera so much more user friendly and practical.

and +1 from me too.

Philip Fisher Mar 19th, 2019 21:55

Best - Wafting along silently on pure electric

Worst - Being trailered away on day of delivery due to software meltdown...

Zwerg Mar 19th, 2019 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebra (Post 2505931)
Worst = Inability to have a drive mode permanently set

Isn’t this handled by the Individual Drive Mode setting ? I haven’t tried it for a while but I thought it allows you to set defaults such as Dynamic mode on startup.

Zebra Mar 19th, 2019 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwerg (Post 2505960)
Isn’t this handled by the Individual Drive Mode setting ? I haven’t tried it for a while but I thought it allows you to set defaults such as Dynamic mode on startup.

Unfortunately not. It defaults to Comfort. Annoying. No matter what you do to your individual settings.

mr rusty Mar 19th, 2019 23:23

favourite - pilot assist. I've got in the groove with this and find I turn it on most of the time.

niggle - not being able to permanently turn off stop-start.

gaby Mar 20th, 2019 07:54

Good: almost everything.
Bad: nothing really bad.
Less than ideal: iTPMS, no way to turn stop/start permanently off, no programmable
soft buttons (eg. 4th row on home screen), no engine coolant temperature,
too much glossy surfaces (dust and fingerprints magnets).

jonnyu Mar 20th, 2019 08:42

Best: almost everything on a SUV that I could possibly want. Offroad, on road, comfort, agility, luxury, tech, etc
Worst: some settings should be customized according to the driver profile for example lights angle, and the climate control seems that it's not 100% full automatic. On top of that, it's not a chick luring car. :D

yeoman Mar 20th, 2019 09:14

Best, the ambience.

Worst,The lag in the infotainment system when you turn on the engine. Sometimes, I could drive 500 metres or more before I get option to use the sat nav!

James77 Mar 20th, 2019 13:26

Best - Feels a well built car for the money Volvo aren't a premium brand in my view but they are producing a good car which wafts along sliently.

Worst - Removal of 40/40/20 rear seat split, stupid new arrangement for USB which means you have to spend hours tagging, poor fuel consumption on T5.