Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 2013 model - how to Pause/Play bluetooth music (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295040)

firsttimevolvo May 23rd, 2019 20:13

XC60 2013 model - how to Pause/Play bluetooth music

I just purchased a second hand Volvo XC60 D5 (2012/13 model I think). It is my first Volvo I've ever owned/driven.

First thing I did on the drive home was connect my iPhone via Bluetooth so I could listen to Spotify.

The tracks show up on screen, I can skip songs back/forward, I can adjust volume. But how do I pause the playing, and then play again???

Please help...

PS - side question, how would I update the software for the car display media system?

dhr90 May 23rd, 2019 23:58

If it’s the same as for usb and iPod, then a quick press of the infotainment on/off button will mute but also pause the music, then press again to unmute and resume.

Whyman May 24th, 2019 03:41

Volvo dealers can update the software on the system.

This is normally done as part of a service, but if it has not been serviced at a Volvo dealership or a good Volvo independent then it may not be uptodate.

firsttimevolvo May 24th, 2019 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhr90 (Post 2523089)
If it’s the same as for usb and iPod, then a quick press of the infotainment on/off button will mute but also pause the music, then press again to unmute and resume.

Sorry but which is the "infotainment on/off button" ?

Thanks

firsttimevolvo May 24th, 2019 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyman (Post 2523105)
Volvo dealers can update the software on the system.

This is normally done as part of a service, but if it has not been serviced at a Volvo dealership or a good Volvo independent then it may not be uptodate.

Do you know what the current software version is and I can check it against the one I've got. Then i can take it to a dealer if its out of date.

What are the benefits of the latest version?

JRS80 May 24th, 2019 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by firsttimevolvo (Post 2523112)
Sorry but which is the "infotainment on/off button" ?

Thanks

The one on the left of the infotainment system with the green power symbol on it.

firsttimevolvo May 24th, 2019 12:35

Thanks mate. I will try this tomorrow.

Whyman May 28th, 2019 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by firsttimevolvo (Post 2523113)
Do you know what the current software version is and I can check it against the one I've got. Then i can take it to a dealer if its out of date.

What are the benefits of the latest version?

The only software I can see is the one for the Satnav.

Will probably need a dealer to check it for you.

bomberfr0g May 30th, 2019 20:07

if you leave it on bluetooth and spotify and it is paused when you next turn on the car(mines does this) then I can restart it by using the next button on the steering wheel.
I have an android phone and find if I have closed spotify I need to reopen it before it will stream properly

Johnny Oxford May 31st, 2019 07:03

I also just got first Volvo, also XC60 - and getting used to it all. I am pretty sure on mine if volume is turned to zero that pauses the track on spotify.