Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

Rufe May 9th, 2011 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald (Post 902099)
I saw this on posting by Simon on the td5 forum and thought it was usful so here it is.

Hello Roy, No problem and a good idea, but its probably better if you edit your post to include my images too, so it makes a little more sense.

Simon :)

RoyMacDonald May 9th, 2011 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufe (Post 902911)
Hello Roy, No problem and a good idea, but its probably better if you edit your post to include my images too, so it makes a little more sense.

Hi Simon

I just copied and pasted it and that's how it came out.

I thought anyone interested would follow the link.

I've always wondered what the recomended oils was when they dropped the original oil mine was filled with. (R-tec?) I didn't appricate that SLX proffesional longtec 0W-30 and SLX proffesional longtec for Volvo cars 0W-30 were different oils until you pointed it out.

To confuse me even more if you use Castrols oil check on their web site it recommends Edge turbo diesel 5W-40.

They all have different flow thicknesses at 100C. 10 - 12.2 - 13.9

I'm going to order the recommended stuff from you anyway. I figure Volvo have tested and chosen what they think is the best.

Thanks.

Roy

PS the edit button dissapeared too quickly for me to edit it.

martybelfastt5 May 10th, 2011 11:12

s60R timing kit recieved today thanks lads,:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Volvon May 12th, 2011 09:52

Maybe you can make a webform for international customers only to save us the phone bill ;)

Rufe May 12th, 2011 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyvää (Post 905243)
Maybe you can make a webform for international customers only to save us the phone bill ;)

Yes that is a good and fair point, and its not only the phone bill as I also understand that it is often much easier for some non-English speaking people to communicate in writing rather than speaking to us, so I will still be asking non-uk customers to communicate by email if they prefer. frfvolvoparts@gmail.com

I will still be replying to PM's that I receive, but these will unfortunately be less of a priority than the phone calls as we are encouraging everyone to call us now for an instant quote instead of email messages or pm's. If anyone has a non-urgent enquiry then by all means send a message to me, but otherwise we recommend calling us on the numbers below as my reply here may take a few days.

FOR FULL INFORMATION ON CHANGES TO OUR PROCEDURE PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK............

Many thanks,

Dean1985 May 12th, 2011 21:43

Recieved parts and fitted, thanks Simon

gdphillips May 24th, 2011 15:11

wow what a top service,mike spot on thank you............big thanks.....gdphillips

Andy Northface May 25th, 2011 10:18

PCV kit Arrived on Saturday and was fitted on Sunday,Car s now sweet as a nut!!
Thank you,Andy. :)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=125252

Rufe May 26th, 2011 14:56

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your support over the last few weeks!

Switching all parts price enquiries back to the phone lines was a big change for us but it really has proved a success so far. Everyone has been able to get an instant quote from us where required, taking a reference number for use on a later date if preferred, or simply proceeding with the order there and then. Either way its working very well so far, and hopefully it can continue to be a positive change for everyone.

In case you do not know what I am referring to, if required you can read my previous post here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...&postcount=368

So many thanks to everyone for all of your continued support, it really is very appreciated from all of us here.

I am still replying to PM messages here when I get chance, but we are encouraging everyone to instead call us where possible to get an instant quote over the phone. Don't forget to make it clear you are a Volvo owners club forum user when calling so we can give you our best prices.

(Quoting discount code 'C3' is one way to do this, but just telling us you are on here is enough, so we know to give our best prices.)

...and now not forgetting Mike, Jeff and Graham who are now also on hand to help with all telephone price enquiries at the FRF Volvo Parts Department in Swansea.

jonnyv May 26th, 2011 17:22

Thanks again Simon and Mike for a sterling job. Parts all ready for me to pick up. On my way in a few minutes. Easy for me as I'm always back and fore Cardiff to Swansea.
Unbeatable prices and ultraquick service.

Cheers,

Jon:thumbs_up: