Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Front Discs and Pads (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=114190)

simonfoy Jan 18th, 2011 20:33

Front Discs and Pads

Volvo V70 X Reg,

My note on todays service said In the next 6 months the car will need new front pads and discs.

Anyone have any idea the cost of these fitted?

Thanks Simon

MarksV70 Jan 18th, 2011 20:39

Hi
Just ring 2 or 3 local garages, ask them for a price to have them fitted, give them your reg so they can get a quote on the correct parts and they will give you a price.

Or the cheap way is to do it yourself, Only if you know what your doing......

simonfoy Jan 18th, 2011 20:41

Good Lord, I wouldn't have the first idea.

Give me an appendix and I can remove it. Car and wheels, not a clue.

Will ring around tomorrow,

Thanks

adieu Jan 18th, 2011 20:59

Cost will depend on if you get Volvo parts fitted. But eurocar parts do disc's for around £50 and pads for about £25.

You could buy them yourself and get an Indy garage to fit them for you. That would be the cheapest way.

MarksV70 Jan 18th, 2011 21:06

:thumbs_up:Thats funny....

Seriously though, ring a few places so you get an average price. Also ring a parts supplier and price the discs and pads so you can guage what the garage is charging you for parts. May be cheaper to supply your own parts and just pay a garage to fit them. Garages will always add a bit to parts to make money (some get abit carried away), But atleast if they supply the parts and you have any issues, they cant palm you off and say "you supplied the parts so not our problem......."

Happy hunting

outnumbered Jan 18th, 2011 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonfoy (Post 820319)

Will ring around tomorrow,

Thanks

fix my leg, ill fix your front discs and pads.
mike

S60D5-185 Jan 18th, 2011 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonfoy (Post 820319)

Will ring around tomorrow, Thanks

Why would you want to ruin a good book?

Darryl:hidesbehindsofa:

Hinckley Jan 18th, 2011 21:28

As said Euro car parts are good value I paid £130 all in for front discs and pads last year, I'm 10k in now and have good brakes with no issues.

A good indy will not charge the earth to fit them, but if you rely on the Good Lord - God help you! :D

simonfoy Jan 18th, 2011 23:04

LOL

Thanks everyone. I will ring the local garage tomorrow and see what they charge.

Thanks for all the help, it is greatly appreciated. Nice to get some funny friendly advice

Simon

simonfoy Jan 21st, 2011 02:48

Reply from one garage. £255 fitted.