Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

colnet Jun 29th, 2020 15:30

I don't think you are, FRF was £30 dearer even using c30 code than my local volvo dealership who by the way are renowned for ripping punters off when I got prices on cambelt kit and Waterpump, so I went local. I am also waiting on some info from FRF, been well over a week and still nothing. I do not entertain the covid excuse anymore that most businesses are using, as its quite simple, it's a don't give a sh#t attitude.

Lolly1705 Jun 29th, 2020 15:44

Shame have had such bad luck with the car and then the tow bar witter sent was faulty, was hoping for a cheaper price to but was abit gobsmacked, was quoted £106 but can see lots of people, albeit a while back got them for half the price! My local is Marshall’s and I hate giving them my pennies but looks like it’s going to have to be!

V70 D5 SE AUTO 05 Jun 29th, 2020 20:32

Just found out about you guys. Maybe you can help me?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 128917

I am on the hunt for this gasket. It came from the EGR Cooler / Egr Valve assembly. This is the one between the actuator pin and the valve itself. Mine appears to have a crack through one corner (bottom left)

Would be great to hear from you!

Best regards,
Sam

Derek UK Jun 30th, 2020 12:29

What was their response when you told them that?
As a previous and recent customer, parts should be here today with luck, I have always found them to be very competitive, with the discount making them even more so.

Lolly1705 Jun 30th, 2020 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek UK (Post 2643541)
What was their response when you told them that?
As a previous and recent customer, parts should be here today with luck, I have always found them to be very competitive, with the discount making them even more so.

Their reply was that’s the best they could as that included the owners club discount code 🤷

Bashy Jul 4th, 2020 10:47

Hi, I'm not overly impressed, I ordered the injector fitting kit on the morning of the 30th of June, Its only a tiny washer, small bracket and 2 bolts,, i really thought it would be here by now but postie has been and gone, I'm stuck in a village with no other transport, I am sure even 2nd post would have arrived by now :( had I gone the ebay route, that was promised for Friday gone

RS3100 Jul 4th, 2020 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashy (Post 2644526)
Hi, I'm not overly impressed, I ordered the injector fitting kit on the morning of the 30th of June, Its only a tiny washer, small bracket and 2 bolts,, i really thought it would be here by now but postie has been and gone, I'm stuck in a village with no other transport, I am sure even 2nd post would have arrived by now :( had I gone the ebay route, that was promised for Friday gone

Covid is still having an effect on the post office, and the extent does seem to vary in different parts of the country. You should see the state of the sorting office here in Watford, and whilst post we send out does seem to be arriving at most destinations fairly quickly, we are still only getting once weekly deliveries and even items sent by next day delivery are taking up to 10 days to arrive. Even when we get a postal delivery in between, it seems a lot of stuff is backed up in the postal system, possibly held in quarantine before being handed to posties, although I'm only guessing at that aspect.

I'm getting eBay stuff well over a week after the estimated delivery date shown at time of purchase too.

So I wouldn't necessarily put the blame entirely on FRF.

Bashy Jul 4th, 2020 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS3100 (Post 2644554)
Covid is still having an effect on the post office, and the extent does seem to vary in different parts of the country. You should see the state of the sorting office here in Watford, and whilst post we send out does seem to be arriving at most destinations fairly quickly, we are still only getting once weekly deliveries and even items sent by next day delivery are taking up to 10 days to arrive. Even when we get a postal delivery in between, it seems a lot of stuff is backed up in the postal system, possibly held in quarantine before being handed to posties, although I'm only guessing at that aspect.

I'm getting eBay stuff well over a week after the estimated delivery date shown at time of purchase too.

So I wouldn't necessarily put the blame entirely on FRF.

I could blame Covid but when ive ordered other items elsewhere, they were here the day after, to be fair, i haven't had any order delays even at the height of the lock down, been quite lucky...

4x4 Jul 4th, 2020 13:35

FRF are not posting Royal Mail at the moment, they are using couriers mainly DPD

Bashy Jul 4th, 2020 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4 (Post 2644575)
FRF are not posting Royal Mail at the moment, they are using couriers mainly DPD

I spose it could still come today then, i doubt it thought as my DPD apps says nothing for me....

colnet Jul 4th, 2020 14:19

Just another nail in the coffin for the post office, I haven't experienced any difficulties with other post companies ie dps, Hermes etc, the post office will be using the covid bulls##t excuse for the next couple of years if they last that long, they are a dinosaur so when the management strips it of every penny which won't be long it will die, good riddance to bad rubbish.

RS3100 Jul 4th, 2020 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by colnet (Post 2644587)
Just another nail in the coffin for the post office, I haven't experienced any difficulties with other post companies ie dps, Hermes etc, the post office will be using the covid bulls##t excuse for the next couple of years if they last that long, they are a dinosaur so when the management strips it of every penny which won't be long it will die, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Can't disagree, but I can't say that other couriers are always any better, at least in this country where a couldn't care less attitude seems to be endemic. I exclude our local DHL driver from that comment, but Hermes are absolutely hopeless.

Last week I had a parcel despatched from Germany. From the sender notifying DPD of a collection, to the parcel arriving at the UK gateway, took less than 12 hours. It took another three days for DPD UK to deliver it and update their tracking system to tell me that I had received it. Unfortunately I hadn't received it, and two days later whilst they were still telling me that their systems confirmed that I had accepted it, a very nice gentleman from a village several miles away turned up to hand over my parcel which had been delivered to him. At least he had the same house number.

Had a previous experience with DPD where the driver had just dumped the parcel on a random doorstep in a street a couple of hundred yards away from its destination, presumably because he was following his satnav which had directed him to the other side of a playing field to the address in question, and he couldn't be bothered to drive round to the right side.

Derek UK Jul 5th, 2020 12:47

I believe they are also using DHL and Interlink.

Bashy Jul 6th, 2020 11:17

Royal mail and it didn't get sent out til Friday (ordered Tuesday), that's bad, I could have had it at the latest Friday off of ebay, I won't be using them again.....

Bashy Jul 7th, 2020 11:23

Really peeved now, postie has been and gone, no way should it take over a week for 1st class, need the blooming car for food shopping and to go get my prescription and now the dogs food is getting low,not the service I would expect from volvo, when I had to order the o-ring for the gearbox plug, I did that at the dealer near King's Lynn, that came in a couple of days, that's how its done......

TruckbusUK Jul 7th, 2020 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashy (Post 2645370)
Really peeved now, postie has been and gone, no way should it take over a week for 1st class, need the blooming car for food shopping and to go get my prescription and now the dogs food is getting low,not the service I would expect from volvo, when I had to order the o-ring for the gearbox plug, I did that at the dealer near King's Lynn, that came in a couple of days, that's how its done......

I understand your frustration but if the goods were posted on Friday ... why is it FRF's fault the Post Office has not yet delivered, I would have thought out of their hand once in the care of the post office?

Bashy Jul 7th, 2020 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruckbusUK (Post 2645375)
I understand your frustration but if the goods were posted on Friday ... why is it FRF's fault the Post Office has not yet delivered, I would have thought out of their hand once in the care of the post office?

My main issue is that it wasnt shipped til Friday, i ordered Tuesday morning!

I spoke to them this morning and theyve offered to either refund of send another one, i said wait til tomorrow and see if it comes then, so they are being good in that respect, its just the late shipping, i feel had it gone out wednesday or thursday then it would be here now for sure

Bashy Jul 13th, 2020 02:19

Last update, give FRF their due, the part came via DPD on a next day delivery at FRF cost, however the original part that was "sent on that Friday" still hasn't materialized 2.4 weeks now, so i feel i deffo had cause for concern.

Bashy Jul 17th, 2020 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashy (Post 2646878)
Last update, give FRF their due, the part came via DPD on a next day delivery at FRF cost, however the original part that was "sent on that Friday" still hasn't materialized 2.4 weeks now, so i feel i deffo had cause for concern.

Updated: Its now been over 3 weeks and the original shipment has not arrived, had many more parcels ordered since and arrived on time with the posite, Deffo missing or sommat else...

markas Sep 6th, 2020 19:19

Phone or email?

Hi all,
I have used frf in the past and had no issues. I have tired a couple of times the 99 ending phone number and no Luck getting through I used to email directly before.

How is everyone getting sorted these days email or telephone and who is dealing with our parts request.
Thanks,
Mark

windy millar Sep 7th, 2020 18:55

FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272
They are the numbers that I have used in the past, not sure if anything has changed regarding these?

Steve940estate Oct 30th, 2020 14:54

I've just bought some parts from FRF and due to lockdown they are busy, one because they have limited staff and also that more people are getting parts sent rather then picking them up.

sarge2771 Apr 13th, 2021 19:54

Hi Ruffe , are you still supplying parts , ??
I’m after a 7pin towbar wiring for xc90 and trailer module
Xc90 2010 D5 200ps.
Thanks Gary
Ps oh and any advice on fitting thanks again

ASt85 Apr 14th, 2021 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge2771 (Post 2728485)
Hi Ruffe , are you still supplying parts , ??
I’m after a 7pin towbar wiring for xc90 and trailer module
Xc90 2010 D5 200ps.
Thanks Gary
Ps oh and any advice on fitting thanks again

Try ringing them on 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 NB quote C and you'll get the discount

Shortos Apr 29th, 2021 12:34

Many thanks to FRF who supplied me FOC the very next day with my radio code for my 1990 740.. great service

forbsie09 May 4th, 2021 12:00

Tried calling these guys many times now, if you press option 4 - for parts, no-one EVER answers ! It rings for a while, then goes onto an answering machine, I've left a message, but no-one has returned my call !
So, I tried calling again, but pressing sales knowing someone would answer, then I asked if he can put me through to parts, the guy who answered (I didn't take note of his name) was quite abrupt, and said NO, you have to call the parts department phone number, I said I've called the phone number on your website, do they have a separate number ? he said, I don't know ? I said cant you put me through, please, he (even more) abruptly said, NO I cant !! I asked why, he very rudely and in a quite condescending manner said, WELL, I never set up the phone system, did I ? :shocked:

What a horrible place, I most definitely will NOT be giving them any business :angry_smile:

griston64 May 4th, 2021 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbsie09 (Post 2734082)
Tried calling these guys many times now, if you press option 4 - for parts, no-one EVER answers ! It rings for a while, then goes onto an answering machine, I've left a message, but no-one has returned my call !
So, I tried calling again, but pressing sales knowing someone would answer, then I asked if he can put me through to parts, the guy who answered (I didn't take note of his name) was quite abrupt, and said NO, you have to call the parts department phone number, I said I've called the phone number on your website, do they have a separate number ? he said, I don't know ? I said cant you put me through, please, he (even more) abruptly said, NO I cant !! I asked why, he very rudely and in a quite condescending manner said, WELL, I never set up the phone system, did I ? :shocked:

What a horrible place, I most definitely will NOT be giving them any business :angry_smile:

I've been using them for a number of years and always found them to be excellent.
It's a shame you have had a negative experience with them as they are very useful for hard to get spares for older cars

ASt85 May 4th, 2021 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbsie09 (Post 2734082)

I've been using FRF for over 12 years now and never had any problem whatsoever. They are always polite, extremely helpful and very free with useful advice and guidance.

They have recently gone through a series of building reorganisation and refurbishments, but their exemplary service has never faltered.

Which number did you phone?

NB it is always worth trying both quoted numbers ie 01792 790066 or 01792 784272

Ant22 May 21st, 2021 14:10

[QUOTE=Rufe;397280]My name is Simon and I have worked in the parts department at FRF Motors (a Volvo main dealer) for the best part of the last 10 years. I actually worked in a Nissan dealership parts department for a couple of years before here, selling parts. I have a genuine interest in cars and modifying, involving spending many weekends over the years at various meets and events of every type, camping or staying at most of the tracks around the country for various things. Luckily for me, my partner (lottie) is 100% as keen on cars as i am, belonging to many forums herself, and has allways been happy to join me.

I feel that the fact I have been a fairly big user of many forums over the last 5 or 6 years all helps me provide the service that I would expect to get if i was on the buying side of the equation. Main delaers tend to have a bad name i find, (sometimes it is justified of course, but not all times) and it can feel like an uphill batte at times trying to convince people that not everyone at every dealership is the enemy.

Working in a Volvo main dealer and being a big fourm user meant that eventualy the two came together. First of all i was allways able to offer any help or adivce that i could from the systems i use daily. Then i would sometimes get asked how much i could supply a certain part for, and i would sell a part here or there, though this then quickly snowballed in the amount that i was supplying through mail order, where today it is pretty much a full time job for me. I have the full backing for what I do, from the rest of the parts team in the dealership, though i tend to handle 99% of the enquiries myself. If you send me a message on this or any other site i use0 or to the email, it will allways be myself who is replying to you.

Over the years I have supplied countless parts to internet forum users, all of which have been given the maximum discount by us which varies from part to part. I take the cost price then add a small percentage to that price to hopefully make it the best possible price you will find for the genuine item, even after postage is added generally we will be cheaper than getting it locally. I haven't used gimmicks, I simply give the best possible price at all times.

I would like to add that I personaly have no financial gain from this, i do not make anything extra from this service, (as i have been asked on a few occassions). For me it really is a case of piles of extra work... lol (honest!) but i enjoy doing it and enjoy being able to provide this service to fellow volvo owners.

During normal office hours I am almost always available for help or to give prices for parts although I may not be able to reply to you outside working hours.

Please use this link for all of your parts enquiries:

Link Removed. Please read This post...

and I will always reply at the first possible opportunity.

All quotes given will show the full Volvo retail price, the discounted price you will pay and the cost of postage clearly. I take the service we provide here (to all internet users) very seriously with it getting my priority at all times.

Please continue to use this thread to leave any feedback for our services, it all helps me to be able to continue with what I have been doing for longer I suppose!

Thanks to everyone who has used us past, present and future!

Many thanks

Simon :)

Hi Simon,
Can you confirm how much a MAF sensor plug would be for my volvo RJ56USP.

Kindest Regards

Ant

ASt85 May 22nd, 2021 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant22 (Post 2739072)

Hi Simon,
Can you confirm how much a MAF sensor plug would be for my volvo RJ56USP.

Kindest Regards

Ant

I would strongly suggest you give try giving Simon a ring on their dedicated numbers 01792 790066 &/or 01792 784272 and quote C for the discount.

IMHO whilst I've never yet had a problem with FRF over the last ten years that I have been buying Volvo parts from them I always ring them quoting C and you'll get the discount, plus given their throughput you might well wait a few days before you get a web based response - a phone call takes a few seconds and ALWAYS gets their attention and the required result :regular_smile:

barkster1971 Oct 11th, 2021 23:13

Really

I've tried twice and it's just some bull**** message thing now.

RollingThunder Oct 13th, 2021 09:14

I placed a large order with them a few weeks ago - it was a bit difficult getting hold of them as they have a small parts team and they are always exceptionally busy. However, it is worth persevering as the discounts they offer on some parts are substantial.

My order required most parts to be special order to Sweden, including some supposedly 'no longer available' nivomat shocks... FRF got hold of them and they arrived yesterday - I was expecting a call from them to say that they couldn't get them, but no, they arrived as promised.

FRF are still my first call for genuine parts, with Caffryns second - they are easier to get hold of, but the savings tend to be less.

griston64 Oct 13th, 2021 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingThunder (Post 2777265)
I placed a large order with them a few weeks ago - it was a bit difficult getting hold of them as they have a small parts team and they are always exceptionally busy. However, it is worth persevering as the discounts they offer on some parts are substantial.

My order required most parts to be special order to Sweden, including some supposedly 'no longer available' nivomat shocks... FRF got hold of them and they arrived yesterday - I was expecting a call from them to say that they couldn't get them, but no, they arrived as promised.

FRF are still my first call for genuine parts, with Caffryns second - they are easier to get hold of, but the savings tend to be less.

I've had loads of parts off them since I got my 940 and never had any issues ( lockdown aside ) I normally email and get a reply back pretty sharpish

bob12 Oct 14th, 2021 18:38

Nivos (Sach) have always been available from Volvo (Classics) in Sweden for most models, inc. 700/900 Series. You just have to deal with someone like FRF who know the right kit number to suit your particular car/model and take out a loan .... but it's worth it.

Bob :)

Bhowani 2 Dec 2nd, 2021 14:05

Time Zones!

Ordered 2 new fob batteries yesterday, and was told they'd be posted today!
They arrived today - 2 hours ago - less than 24 hours from ordering.

That's why we all support FRF - even though they are so far west that they are a day ahead of us! Fantastic!

Ho Ho

Bhowani
2019 XC40 AWD

jasons6930 Mar 3rd, 2022 20:35

Is Simon still helping out with parts etc?

markas Mar 4th, 2022 07:38

Simon/Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasons6930 (Post 2811260)
Is Simon still helping out with parts etc?

I always try and talk to Chris myself, haven't spoken to Simon in a while. Chris is very good at coming back to you if he has to go research a part especially if its gone EOL.

griston64 Mar 4th, 2022 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by markas (Post 2811308)
I always try and talk to Chris myself, haven't spoken to Simon in a while. Chris is very good at coming back to you if he has to go research a part especially if its gone EOL.

Mainly Chris and Sophie these days. Both are excellent !!

turboboy Jun 6th, 2022 10:40

FRF Swansea

Have just ordered rear light assembly for my son's V90 and they are very busy with calls and staff shortage due to holidays, but they hope to have the lamp delivered to them and dispatched out to me by tomorrow.

Not only that but with added bonus of a hefty discount over retail price!

What's not to like!

magnuz Jun 22nd, 2022 23:34

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know if the lower rear suspension arms for a S40 V40 , 96-04 are still available in uk ? Aftermarket arms do seem to be readily available in USA & some other countries, but not here in uk ! ...see pic..