Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   C70 Toe eye cap (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=278291)

GrahamV Feb 13th, 2018 19:44

C70 Toe eye cap

At least I think its called a toe eye cap. Its the piece of plastic in the rear bumber that covers the window revealing the toeing point.
I believe someone has pinched mine so need to find a replacement - I have seen one for approx £50 incl postage but that sounds absurd for a small piece of plastic (and I guess explains why someone pinched mine!).
Can anyone suggest where I could get one at a more reasonable price, or some other fix?
Thanks

dcw Feb 13th, 2018 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamV (Post 2368871)
At least I think its called a toe eye cap. Its the piece of plastic in the rear bumber that covers the window revealing the toeing point.
I believe someone has pinched mine so need to find a replacement - I have seen one for approx £50 incl postage but that sounds absurd for a small piece of plastic (and I guess explains why someone pinched mine!).
Can anyone suggest where I could get one at a more reasonable price, or some other fix?
Thanks

If - by any chance - it's the same as the cover on the S40 rear bumper I have a spare you can have (black or metallic red, so some painting might be required!). No idea if it's the same though - can you give me details of the shape and dimensions of the space it fits and I can check for you perhaps?

Long shot I know but probably worth a look?

David

GrahamV Feb 14th, 2018 10:13

That's very kind. It's black and rectangular. Very approximately 45mm x 50 mm so it's quite small.
Regards, Graham

dcw Feb 14th, 2018 13:43

1 Attachment(s)
Hmmm...reckon it might be this?

The part number on the back is 30678001...

David

GrahamV Feb 14th, 2018 23:33

It could be - I thought it was part 39864067
Or maybe they are they same

dcw Feb 15th, 2018 20:48

I'm happy to post it down to you if you want to try it - not much to lose and it might just fit?

Obviously a small contribution towards postage would be appreciated but I have no intention of charging you anything for the bit itself, if that helps!

Let me know

David

GrahamV Feb 16th, 2018 12:48

Hi David
Thanks very kind. As you say its worth a go. I have just measured the hole and it is 49mm by 45 mm. So I guess the correct cap would be very marginally smaller than that - but its feasible I could cut it down a bit if its bigger. My car is black.
I will happily pay your postage costs of course - just let me know the £ and I can do a paypal transfer.

Thanks, Graham

dcw Feb 17th, 2018 09:40

Hi Graham

If you PM me your address I'll get it down to you...

David

GrahamV Feb 17th, 2018 22:16

Hi David

I've messaged you . Hopefully I did it right!

Thanks, Graham

dcw Feb 18th, 2018 13:08

Safely received Graham

I'll get this off to you asap and let you know what it costs, no worries.

All the best

David