Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Auto stalling (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=262898)

Spitfire4 Jan 29th, 2017 16:18

Auto stalling

Over the last couple of weeks the car has been stalling when I'm setting off. It's happened 3 times today! Hope it's not the turtle appearing! I didn't think autos stalled, happened near a junction but luckily I wasn't in the middle of the road.

Going to ring the garage in the morning to see what they say.

Considered1 Jan 29th, 2017 21:26

Not heard of that one, how do you start it again, can you shift it back to park or neutral, let us know how you get on.

Spitfire4 Jan 29th, 2017 21:33

Yes have to put it into park, foot on brake and it starts again, will let you know how I get on.

Rooster Jan 29th, 2017 21:45

Does it cough and stutter and cut out or just die suddenly??

GJB Jan 29th, 2017 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire4 (Post 2228613)
Yes have to put it into park, foot on brake and it starts again, will let you know how I get on.

Which engine?

Clan Jan 29th, 2017 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire4 (Post 2228477)
Over the last couple of weeks the car has been stalling when I'm setting off. It's happened 3 times today! Hope it's not the turtle appearing! I didn't think autos stalled, happened near a junction but luckily I wasn't in the middle of the road.

Going to ring the garage in the morning to see what they say.

You have Stop/start don't you? I know it is horrible on an Auto , just press the button in front the gearlever with the green light before you set off to disable it .

Spitfire4 Jan 30th, 2017 15:29

Going into the garage for a check on Wednesday, said it could be a software problem with the stop n start as they've had one on the v40 and a software upgrade remedied it. They also want to check there is no underlying more serious problem too.

Have the D4 181 bhp engine, it just cuts out. Drove 10 feet from start when it cut out yesterday, glad I wasn't going across a junction!

MacV50 Jan 30th, 2017 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2228650)
You have Stop/start don't you? I know it is horrible on an Auto ,

you couldn't have said it better. Had it on the V50 and it worked really well but on the auto XC60, the engine cuts out at the worst times e.g. just rolling up to a junction and away to move off then it cuts out

Clan Jan 30th, 2017 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacV50 (Post 2229046)
you couldn't have said it better. Had it on the V50 and it worked really well but on the auto XC60, the engine cuts out at the worst times e.g. just rolling up to a junction and away to move off then it cuts out

yes just when you need it, it stops , It should be made to only operate after the parking brake is applied on an auto ..

Considered1 Jan 30th, 2017 21:27

The stop start, stops, then it re-starts, it doesnt cut out.
if its not doing this there is a problem.
no idea what you are whinging about.