Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   C30 T5 (2007) Selling Advice (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=280694)

TimMeadows Apr 16th, 2018 13:28

C30 T5 (2007) Selling Advice

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, but wanted to ask the best route to sell my C30 T5?

I had been considering Autotrader, but wanted to check if this forum (or another route) would be best.
There only ever seems to be 10 or so adverts on Autotrader, so that made me think that my car was relatively rare, and I am also keen for it to go to someone who appreciates it.

I haven't modified it in any way, and it has a full Volvo service history if that helps.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

FunkyMelon Apr 16th, 2018 14:35

Your best bet would be to sell on here if you want it enthusiast owned.

People on a forum generally care about their cars enough to sit on a PC reading about them in their 'free' time...

Put an ad up in the 'for sales' section and see what happens.

Nothing to lose.

TimMeadows Apr 16th, 2018 15:59

FAB - thanks,

I'll give it a try.

Bonefishblues Apr 16th, 2018 16:49

Are you the Pistonheads poster I've been chatting to, perchance?

TimMeadows Apr 16th, 2018 17:16

Hi Bonefishblues,

Not me I'm afraid.

Are you looking for a c30 T5?

Yobbo Apr 16th, 2018 17:19

Hi Tim,

What are the specs?

I would suggest the Facebook pages 'C30 Crew UK' and 'Volvotuning.net' as good places to advertise. :)

TimMeadows Apr 16th, 2018 17:49

Thanks Yobbo,

It's a T5 R-Design, 105k miles, full Volvo dealer service history. Just had cam belt done in last service (Feb 2018).
The front suspension arm bushes were flagged in its recent MOT so I was thinking of getting them done before selling.

What other specs would be relevant/useful?

Bonefishblues Apr 16th, 2018 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimMeadows (Post 2393466)
Hi Bonefishblues,

Not me I'm afraid.

Are you looking for a c30 T5?

No, it was a conversation on a "which car?" thread. No worries, it was just a coincidence :)

iainmd Apr 17th, 2018 12:59

When I sold my S40 T5 I tried eBay classifieds, Pistonheads, Auto Trader, Gumtree and here. All of them (apart from here) attracted a plethora of time-wasters and scumbags that didn't show up, were rude or had no intention of buying. I swore I would never sell a second hand car again and now understand why We Buy Any Car get away with low-balling as much as they do and survive.

In the end it sold to a good guy who is now on here but via eBay classifieds. Frankly I wouldn't bother with Pistonheads and Auto Trader. They used to be good but just attract ar$€hol€$ nowadays and they are criminally expensive.

Good luck with the sale.

Yobbo Apr 17th, 2018 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimMeadows (Post 2393482)
Thanks Yobbo,

It's a T5 R-Design, 105k miles, full Volvo dealer service history. Just had cam belt done in last service (Feb 2018).
The front suspension arm bushes were flagged in its recent MOT so I was thinking of getting them done before selling.

What other specs would be relevant/useful?

Hi Tim,
Things like transmission, extras like xenon lights, heated seat, etc, etc, wheels, would be helpful for most people.

Cheers
Dave