Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Retrofit options (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288123)

LordLucan Nov 1st, 2018 02:50

Retrofit options

Hi all, I'm new here so please be gentle. I'm looking at ordering a V90 as my next company (lease) car. Financial constraints mean I can't order many optional extras so I'm glad to see that things like the retractable towbar (needed for towing a caravan) and mobile integration (android auto) can be retrofitted by dealerships.

I was wondering what else people have had retrofitted?

Thanks
Greg

deepsix Nov 1st, 2018 07:18

Sorry can't help with your query. My ex 'management' V900cc came with most of the options.
I'd like to know if the fog lights; standard on the CC Pro, can be retrofitted.

techwatcher Nov 1st, 2018 10:14

Hmm...do the terms of your lease permit post-delivery modifications? It may be worth checking as some leases are quite prescriptive on what is and isn't allowed.

volvocat Nov 1st, 2018 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepsix (Post 2462806)
Sorry can't help with your query. My ex 'management' V900cc came with most of the options.
I'd like to know if the fog lights; standard on the CC Pro, can be retrofitted.

That’s what mine’s supposed to be too - must be right though, because very few private (or business) buyers would add so much and then move the car on after less than a year.
While searching for ‘the perfect car’ I noticed a couple of obviously non-Pro V90CCs with front fogs, so they must have been an option or dealer-fit accessory at some point.
I only have 2018MY lists which do not show this as available but maybe they were for the first ones - 2017MY...?
Non-Pro V90s (incl. CC) used to come with the 8” Driver Display, but the 12.3” (now standard, I believe) could be added as a factory option - and a dealer-fit accessory, which not many seem to realise.
In the Configurator - Optional Equipment, pretty much everything below the H-K & B&W sound systems are dealer-fit accessories.

simonjedrake Nov 1st, 2018 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordLucan (Post 2462797)
Hi all, I'm new here so please be gentle. I'm looking at ordering a V90 as my next company (lease) car. Financial constraints mean I can't order many optional extras so I'm glad to see that things like the retractable towbar (needed for towing a caravan) and mobile integration (android auto) can be retrofitted by dealerships.

I was wondering what else people have had retrofitted?

Thanks
Greg

MY19 - Limited Retrofits include Towbars, Apple/Google Play, Mudflaps, Styling. Kit, Nothing else much.........Sorry

Quacker Nov 2nd, 2018 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjedrake (Post 2463042)
MY19 - Limited Retrofits include Towbars, Apple/Google Play, Mudflaps, Styling. Kit, Nothing else much.........Sorry

Rubber mats, which are on special offer just now in the Uk. Maybe only the cargo area ones though.
Dog guards.
Tint film for windows.
Roof racks and top or rear cycle carriers.
Winter shells and tyres
Snow chains.
Child seats.
iPad holders and possibly integration kits.
Neck pillows which my wife highly recommends.
Polestar performance upgrade.

Those are the most obvious

Crockers Nov 2nd, 2018 23:43

I'm considering getting two of these in blonde perforated leather.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...utomatic/R.H.D

Capt109 Nov 3rd, 2018 20:08

I have a 2017 V90CC, which I purchased in August, which was an Ex Volvo car, it has a lot of options including , Winter Pro (Fog Lamps, Shadow headlights, HUD etc), 4C suspension, B&W audio, 12” display, keyless. But the front parking sensors were not fitted, which I had retro fitted. Which also added the auto parking system.

dchbrown Nov 4th, 2018 21:28

I took delivery of my new company car V90 through a lease company not 2 weeks ago.

I was allowed to have anything fitted to the car from the accessories catalogue on the understanding that they remain with the car when it is returned. I can work with that as it will be with me for 4 years.

My budget wouldn't extend to the smartphone integration as it pushed the list price over £40k, and it would have cost me many hundreds to add it at the factory due to the increased tax liability.

I had it fitted by my dealer on Thursday this week and it took only an hour while I waited. The cost was £350. I also had ordered a sunglasses holder to replace the drivers grab handle and they actually fitted that for me as well - and didn't charge me for it (which is good because I would have hated to pay for 2 screws!).

I have mudflaps on the list next, likely the £39.99 set on eBay that has been recommended in previous posts.

I also have spotted some little bits and pieces available from China. Door handle inserts to turn the handle gap into a pocket, inserts for the armrest etc are the most interesting. They also have carbon fibre or wooden covers for the keys that are less than the official items.

Hope that helps!

simonjedrake Nov 4th, 2018 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchbrown (Post 2463881)
I also have spotted some little bits and pieces available from China. Door handle inserts to turn the handle gap into a pocket, inserts for the armrest etc are the most interesting. They also have carbon fibre or wooden covers for the keys that are less than the official items.

Just be careful with the eBay armrest inserts as all the ones I have seen are for LHD models so far..........