Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   V90 Sensus traffic messages (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289596)

mr rusty Dec 12th, 2018 16:23

V90 Sensus traffic messages

New V90 owner. Have been used to a citroen C5 with TMC traffic messages where you could set range. On my usual portsmouth - lancashire journey I usually get bombarded with messages about queues along the various motorways. In my V90 - nothing! About half way home I enabled RTTI and could see the green/red/amber edgings in places, but zero traffic messages.

Now it may just be it was a really good run, and in truth I didn't get held up hardly at all, but no messages is unusual.

So my question - does sensus nav display messages, and are these anywhere on the route? within a range?

any info on how this works or doesn't is helpful :regular_smile:

nu11eaf Dec 12th, 2018 17:31

The one and only time I have ever heard a rtti message was when I had a route programmed in my sensus navigation, it offered me a alternative route due to slow moving traffic, I took it only to be held up for ages in slow stop start traffic due to major tailback from cars rejoining the road I was on originally, which caused the original slow traffic. But thats another story.

Lexman8 Dec 12th, 2018 18:13

Roadworks, slow traffic, etc, will show up on the main map whether a route is programmed or not. In addition, with a route selected, severe delays or road closures will cause a pop-up message on the driver's screen with options to re-route.

mr rusty Dec 12th, 2018 19:01

Lexman - thanks for that. It sounds like I will get messages for severe delays but not just for slow traffic. My old citroen used to bombard me with "2 miles of slow traffic between ........" far too often, plus the more serious messages. Probably better - we'll see.

Tresco85 Dec 12th, 2018 19:10

In our old XC60 we kept getting messages informing us of traffic problems but in a year in the new XC60 I have only seen one message.

roundyuk Dec 12th, 2018 19:59

The V40 had an option to announce traffic messages, think i’ve seen in in my 60 somewhere....gets annoying AF though!

St Evelyn Dec 12th, 2018 20:52

I tend to hook my V90 up to the internet via my phone and get loads of messages. Occasionally they will show up in the dash as a diversion due to traffic, however, I tend to search for them by selecting the more dots, then pressing 'ahead' - you'll then see 2 tabs, the first is POI on your route, the second is traffic. :)

mr rusty Dec 13th, 2018 17:34

Thanks st Evelyn - yes, I'm hooked up to t'internet, and did see a message today :regular_smile: Guess I'll just get used to the new system. Under the "traffic" messages any idea how far ahead on the route they show up? if you have a 250 mile route set, do you get everything on the route?

BTW, so far (~800 miles) I'm hovering around 48-51 in my D4 Momentum, so either you are doing shorter journeys or you have a heavier right foot than me :tounge_smile:

tem Dec 13th, 2018 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rusty (Post 2475505)
Thanks st Evelyn - yes, I'm hooked up to t'internet, and did see a message today :regular_smile: Guess I'll just get used to the new system. Under the "traffic" messages any idea how far ahead on the route they show up? if you have a 250 mile route set, do you get everything on the route?

BTW, so far (~800 miles) I'm hovering around 48-51 in my D4 Momentum, so either you are doing shorter journeys or you have a heavier right foot than me :tounge_smile:

120 kms:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...a801510b372740

tem.

St Evelyn Dec 14th, 2018 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rusty (Post 2475505)

I've put just under 15,000m on mine since I got her in April, with the vast majority being daily commutes of 40-60 miles each way through country lanes or stop start traffic on the M27, then town driving at the weekends. I've actually got a pretty light foot most of the time nowadays, so I blame the type of trips I do. :tounge_smile: On the few times I've done a decent trip I've certainly been able to get 50mpg+ for the journey (according to the computer).