Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Just "Ordered" - but colour??? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=265790)

TheDufster Mar 30th, 2017 13:16

Just "Ordered" - but colour???

Hi all, just basically ordered my new XC90 to replace my current MY16 model.

Momentum Pro
20" 5-Spoke Diamond Cut Black Wheels (same as my current car)
Family Pack
3 Pin plug
Tinted Windows
3ys Servicing

Spec sheet says that the Pro comes with 12.3" drivers display (which I've got currently) and Adaptive Shadow Technology headlights - the car configurator doesn't confirm this until right at the end so I assume it's a typo on the website.

My current car is Silver which I quite like but wouldn't be my first choice.

I'm currently considering, in this order:

1) Savile Grey
2) Onyx Black
3) Denim Blue

Just wondered on thoughts of others in this forum. The tints and wheels look nice with the black but I know from previous cars black ones are hard to keep looking nice and shiny!

The Denim Blue isn't really blue enough for my liking so I am moving away from this one.

NickHoward Mar 30th, 2017 13:45

I think you've answered your own question!

Saville Grey is very nice - Do they offer the Pine Grey as seen on the new XC60?

TheDufster Mar 30th, 2017 13:48

Yes Pine Grey is an option but I'm not sure about how that one would look

NickHoward Mar 30th, 2017 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDufster (Post 2255571)
Yes Pine Grey is an option but I'm not sure about how that one would look

You aren't a million miles away from Manchester - You'll be able to see an XC60 in Pine Grey from tomorrow!

http://www.eventmagazine.co.uk/volvo...rticle/1428379

It's the colour I would go for (without having seen it in the flesh).

EDIT:

Having just looked at it on the configurator - It looks greeny/brown (something I wouldn't go for!) - However, I find the Volvo config pics to be miles away from how they actually look.

I'd want to see it in the flesh on the XC60 - The videos of the new XC60 look amazing (colour wise).

Lexman8 Mar 30th, 2017 14:09

My first XC90 was Bright Silver, the replacement is Osmium Grey. If I was ordering again I'd probably go for Savile Grey although I'd possibly consider Pine Grey.

Whatever you decide, make sure you actually see an XC90 in the colour you've chosen. The on-screen and brochure colours are very mis-leading and a particular colour that may look fine on a XC60, say, may not look as good on a '90.

Frosty Mar 30th, 2017 14:23

What colour interior are you considering? I have Onyx black that is indeed dirty, but I do like the combination with the Amber leather and black door pillars and roof lining.

TheDufster Mar 30th, 2017 14:30

I WAS going Charcoal all the way (as it's all I've ever had), but now you've got me thinking!!!

Black with Amber does sound distinctive.......could do with seeing some pictures

TheDufster Mar 30th, 2017 14:35

Just did a Google - hmmmmm not sure!!

Jcbrown Mar 30th, 2017 14:43

Colour is a very individual choice. Just because I like a colour does not mean you will, and vice-versa. I have always tended to stick with greys, silvers and blacks myself. Had one white (Ford), one purplish/blue (Honda) but all the rest have been various hues of black, sliver or grey.

You really have to see the car in "the flesh" in a specific colour, as the images on the configurator do not do things justice at times, at least in my experience - on my monitor I can hardly see any difference between Savile Grey and Onyx Black for example, and Pine Grey looks an odd shade of green (which I am sure it is not). However, this is a new monitor, and I have not played around with the colour settings yet, which I suspect is causing odd results.

Of course, your local dealer is unlikely to have an XC90 in every one of the dozen or so colours available. But hopefully they will have all the colours on one-model-or-another so you should get a reasonable idea

I almost hit the button on my original S90 in Saville Grey, it looked nice on the screen, and I really liked it on a V60 my dealer had in. My wife came in with me the next day to take a look, and immediately declared "No way, it looks like a washed out pair of black tights!". Unfortunately, it was now parked next to a black V60, and to be fair it did look like that :( So I ended up with the Electric Silver which looked great (IMHO). Current one is Osmium Grey, which I prefer - much more subdued than the Silver, but still

I do think some cars do suite a certain colour, and I do take note of what is used in the marketing material. The people who put these together should know a lot more than I do about what goes together, what will appeal to people and what may not. However, you do then tend to end up with one which is the same colour as lots of others - not that that is a bad thing :)

If it was me, I would go with the Onyx out of your choices. But as I said at the start, that is me and you should not be swayed by me. Take a look at some of the pictures people have posted of their XC90s - some real nice looking ones on here :)

I am sure whichever colour you pick it will look good

Frosty Mar 30th, 2017 14:58

No pics yet but will try and get some up. All the other interiors have the blond pillars and roof lining, which I also had in the last car with the black leather, but with kids and a missus the vanity mirror and other areas did get a bit dirty from make or sticky fingers!!