Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Breaking - Navy Blue 1997 Volvo 2.3 LPT Estate (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325436)

Badger vs Bodgers May 14th, 2022 21:51

Breaking - Navy Blue 1997 Volvo 2.3 LPT Estate

Due to a lack of time and space it's time to break my spare, poverty spec 940 - most components will be available but I need to keep it rolling and steering so I can get it down the drive to meet its final destination.

The engine is in pieces so if you need a bit just ask. I'm keeping the gearbox for now.

Bodywork is fairly straight, door card vinyl has gone in the usual way.

Any questions feel free to ask - I'm hoping to shift it in the next couple of weeks.

Steve 940 May 14th, 2022 22:41

Hi Badger vs Badgers,

Sorry to hear it's on its way, but I do need a few odds and sods to make my 940 Estate whole again.

Don't know if yours is an Estate or not, if so, I'm after:

Grey lower tailgate trim quarter turn fixing buttons, as many as you have.
White door card fixing clips in lower edge of doors, 4 clips needed.
Tools from tool tray, many of mine are missing,but don't know what should be in there??
Centre pair of face level air vents, I could do with the passenger side one, as in my first week of ownership, the vertical directional blades on it disappeared down the trunking!!!

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers
Steve

GingerMagic May 15th, 2022 13:26

Hi fella.

Can I put dibs on a few bits from your car if they are available?

Interior grab handle and screws.
Plastic trim that goes around the dashboard switches either side of the steering column.
Washer bottle lid.
NSR lens if yours is the later clear type.
Boot basges if they are decent ( mine are worn away and look terrible.. )

That's it I think - I could do with some engine sensors but I should imagine you would be keeping those as spares for your car

Feel free to PM me with details etc.

Many thanks,
Kelv

~Goose~ May 15th, 2022 18:00

Hi,

I could do with the windscreen trim if it’s in good condition?
Also the dashboard dimmer switch if it has one?

Cheers

Andy

Badger vs Bodgers May 15th, 2022 18:10

Thanks for the replies guys, I think most of the stuff you've asked after should be on it, with the unfortunate exception of clear lights (sorry @GingerMagic).
I'm back at the garage next weekend, so will try to grab the parts as requested and advise on availability.

@GingerMagic, In terms of engine sensors, what do you need? I've got parts of two-three engines scattered about so may have what you need in duplicate :)

GingerMagic May 15th, 2022 19:19

Hi, thank you for the reply.

To be honest I'm happy with the older coloured rear lights ( I retrofitted orange/clear front ones by mistake but I prefer them now.. ) so matching rear lights would ease my OCD.....

As for sensors, well I'm looking at a replacement MAF sensor, and possibly a fuel pressure sensor as I'm struggling with a warm start issue - it fires up straight away but won't tick over without revs, I suspect it's a simple fix when I find the fault.

If I can think of anything else then I'll let you know on this thread so other members can see what parts are already taken.

I'll PM my contact number if it's easier for you - texts only as I'm a driver by trade so I never answer the phone..!!

Thanks again,
Kelv

Tarquin105 May 16th, 2022 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger vs Bodgers (Post 2824306)
Due to a lack of time and space it's time to break my spare, poverty spec 940 - most components will be available but I need to keep it rolling and steering so I can get it down the drive to meet its final destination.

The engine is in pieces so if you need a bit just ask. I'm keeping the gearbox for now.

Bodywork is fairly straight, door card vinyl has gone in the usual way.

Any questions feel free to ask - I'm hoping to shift it in the next couple of weeks.

Hi,
I have a 940 Estate 1996 = parts wanted -

Hazard warning light red button – steering column mounted
Driver’s door seal
non air con - Heater temp control valve & knob with clips
Either Leather seats – full set – late model ‘1996
Or good cloth seats - front only – grey - late model ‘1996
Thanks! Best to contact on adrianct56@gmail.com

Tarquin105 May 17th, 2022 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve 940 (Post 2824314)
Hi Badger vs Badgers,

Sorry to hear it's on its way, but I do need a few odds and sods to make my 940 Estate whole again.

Don't know if yours is an Estate or not, if so, I'm after:

Grey lower tailgate trim quarter turn fixing buttons, as many as you have.
White door card fixing clips in lower edge of doors, 4 clips needed.
Tools from tool tray, many of mine are missing,but don't know what should be in there??
Centre pair of face level air vents, I could do with the passenger side one, as in my first week of ownership, the vertical directional blades on it disappeared down the trunking!!!

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve 940,
I cannot reply to you as I have not posted enough??
Please email me on adrianct56@gmail.com
Thanks Adrian (Tarquin105)

Steve 940 May 17th, 2022 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarquin105 (Post 2824737)
Hi Steve 940,
I cannot reply to you as I have not posted enough??
Please email me on adrianct56@gmail.com
Thanks Adrian (Tarquin105)

Just emailed you as requested

Cheers
Steve

rwdkev May 20th, 2022 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarquin105 (Post 2824573)
Either Leather seats – full set – late model ‘1996
Or good cloth seats - front only – grey - late model ‘1996

Hi Adrian,

I've got a set of grey half-leather that will fit your model that I need to move on to a good home.

Kevin