Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Dirt getting inside rear door inside archs (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=313336)

Brightbryan Jan 15th, 2021 09:05

Dirt getting inside rear door inside archs

Has anybody resolved the problem with mud and dirt accumulation inside the rear door arch’s?

Cull06 Jan 15th, 2021 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brightbryan (Post 2698654)
Has anybody resolved the problem with mud and dirt accumulation inside the rear door arch’s?

Yes common issue. There are threads on this if you have a search. You can buy a part that fits in the gap to prevent it happening.

I just make sure to wash it down once in a while. Annoying though.

EssexExile Jan 15th, 2021 11:37

This is the thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ight=rear+door
I had the genuine Volvo ones fitted at the last service and they work great.

Brightbryan Jan 15th, 2021 14:43

Brightbryan

Thanks for the advice. I’m new to the forum so couldn’t find threads, I’ll hopefully get better. This is definitely an issue that Volvo should address on new vehicles. Mine is a brand new car with only 4500km on the clock so it’s a new issue for me. Only my second “personal” wash of the car and first use of the back of the car last week. The dealer here can look forward to correcting this fault, they’ve already changed the nappa leather on one of the front seats. Hope this is not the start of issues.

techwatcher Jan 15th, 2021 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brightbryan (Post 2698787)
The dealer here can look forward to correcting this fault, they’ve already changed the nappa leather on one of the front seats. Hope this is not the start of issues.

It's not a fault but rather a poor design from Volvo. As EssexExile says there is a part available to prevent it happening.

Brightbryan May 18th, 2021 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brightbryan (Post 2698787)
Thanks for the advice. I’m new to the forum so couldn’t find threads, I’ll hopefully get better. This is definitely an issue that Volvo should address on new vehicles. Mine is a brand new car with only 4500km on the clock so it’s a new issue for me. Only my second “personal” wash of the car and first use of the back of the car last week. The dealer here can look forward to correcting this fault, they’ve already changed the nappa leather on one of the front seats. Hope this is not the start of issues.

First service completed last week, when dealer fitted free of charge the Volvo wheel arch protectors, so hopefully this resolves the dirt issue in rear doors.

VOLVOL0VER May 19th, 2021 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brightbryan (Post 2738294)
First service completed last week, when dealer fitted free of charge the Volvo wheel arch protectors, so hopefully this resolves the dirt issue in rear doors.

not a problem to me.maybe because I'm from an almost entire year sunny country and i don't go to the countryside. Mainly, I would say, 90/95% of the times, my XC60 drives around cities and urban areas and a lot of highways 🛣.

Saftlad May 27th, 2021 10:33

I'm surprised that Volvo haven't acknowledge this issue and fit the guards as standard practice. Not fitted to my XC60 built in February 21

Perhaps margins are so tight that they rely on the extra £19 income this brings :_:

AB-UK May 27th, 2021 10:37

A bean counter will have calculated that it is cheaper to wait for the relatively few to complain and then retro-fit them, rather than fiit them as standard to all XC60s.

Brightbryan Sep 10th, 2021 21:05

Retro fitted XC60 rear door dirt seals

Pleased to say the seals fitted have cured my problem, still don’t understand that they were only fitted when I complained. Should be factory fitted before delivery on cars of this standard.