Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Which battery did you choose? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=278942)

bertrandls Mar 1st, 2018 21:00

Which battery did you choose?

Good evening,

The cold is killing my battery and I’m hesitating going for Volvo’s battery again...
The current and only battery:
- Volvo
- price
- lasted 6 years / 155.000 km (100.000 miles)
- 3/4 secondary roads
- parked in garage 3/4 of the time
- car is XC60 D5 (diesel)

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Electronix12 Mar 1st, 2018 21:07

Just get the Volvo one.

For me, it was surprisingly the cheapest from a Volvo Indy.

tompip Mar 1st, 2018 21:08

replacement battery

hi, my car is very much like yours, same make, mileage and age and i went for a volvo battery, to be honest i checked on here and people recommended paying that litte bit extra for a reliable battery

AndyJudge Mar 3rd, 2018 18:27

Get the correct volvo one, no brainer.

It's correct for the car in output & physical size & designed for the car.

Surprisingly also the cheapest on all the 4 volvo's I've had over the years as well.

Normally the dealer will also fit it for free

ASt85 Mar 3rd, 2018 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyJudge (Post 2376272)
Get the correct volvo one, no brainer.

It's correct for the car in output & physical size & designed for the car.

Surprisingly also the cheapest on all the 4 volvo's I've had over the years as well.

Normally the dealer will also fit it for free

IMHO - buy the Volvo one, not only works out cheapest - it actually out performs all the others....I have learned by my mistake....
though I'd never buy an OEM exide again as a 4yr battery failed @ 22 months...that said it was replaced by the supplier Eurocarparts who stood by the guarantee/warranty - whilst they upheld their end of the bargain:thumbs_up: the original lasted 15 years - I rather think the Volvo OEM is a much better value in the longterm.

AndyJudge Mar 4th, 2018 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASt85 (Post 2376284)
IMHO - buy the Volvo one, not only works out cheapest - it actually out performs all the others....I have learned by my mistake....
though I'd never buy an OEM exide again as a 4yr battery failed @ 22 months...that said it was replaced by the supplier Eurocarparts who stood by the guarantee/warranty - whilst they upheld their end of the bargain:thumbs_up: the original lasted 15 years - I rather think the Volvo OEM is a much better value in the longterm.

Id add all the volvo batteries I've had far outlasted any others.

S40 - Was still on the original battery 8 years from new
C70 - Replaced it not long after getting it & we had it on the car 6 years without issues
S60 - Never replaced the original that it came with, car traded when it reached 12 years old
XC60 - This was replaced just before the winter as it was throwing up low battery alerts & failed the Vida test. It was 6yrs old & the replacement was about £100 fitted.

Comuscomp May 15th, 2018 12:41

The recommended one for my xc60 according to the users guide is 700-800 A CCA, so would a 800 CCA 95Ah work?
Is the Ah figure relevant ?

PJordan May 15th, 2018 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comuscomp (Post 2403786)
The recommended one for my xc60 according to the users guide is 700-800 A CCA, so would a 800 CCA 95Ah work?
Is the Ah figure relevant ?

Just get the Volvo one for your car from main Volvo dealer, usually works out the best plan long term.

Elad1962 May 15th, 2018 13:51

Auxiliary stop/start battery

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJordan (Post 2403804)
Just get the Volvo one for your car from main Volvo dealer, usually works out the best plan long term.

I have been quoted £85.20 for a replacement auxiliary battery from Volvo for our V40 R-Design. Two questions: 1) is that the going rate for the auxiliary battery? 2) Is there a better one for the same or less money out there? :confused_smile:

PJordan May 15th, 2018 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elad1962 (Post 2403805)
I have been quoted £85.20 for a replacement auxiliary battery from Volvo for our V40 R-Design. Two questions: 1) is that the going rate for the auxiliary battery? 2) Is there a better one for the same or less money out there? :confused_smile:

£85 seems the going rate for Volvo one, shop around for best price, try here:

https://www.volvopartshop.com/suppor...op-12477-p.asp

No idea what non OEM ones go for, can't imagine it being hugely less.