Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   VOC Section Events (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Yorkshire Section (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=268434)

V50t5dave May 30th, 2017 10:44

Yorkshire Section

The next meet for the section is arranged for Sunday 9th July 2017 starting at 10.30am at The Heritage Center, Elsecar, South Yorkshire, S74 8HJ.
Parking arranged all welcome even if not from Yorkshire.
Regards David Pearson. contact 07960 210402 or pearsondavid22@aol.com:thumbs_up:

V50t5dave Jun 6th, 2017 08:13

Update. September meet

The fourth meet arranged for 10th September. Elvington air museum, York. 10.30 onward. I have negotiated £6 per car including driver plus one. Any further passengers £6 each. Hot food available on site but I need firm numbers for the catering needs. All welcome even if not from Yorkshire. Message me please so I can liase with the hosts.
Tel 07960 210402 . pearsondavid22@aol.com
David Pearson:thumbs_up:

brian sayer Jun 6th, 2017 17:23

email

dear Dave
tried email did not go at aol
dearDave
I have rescued a 240 estate which is still giving me Lambda headaches
hope to make progress with the advice on the tech website shortly,
used to have amazons long ago when we had meets at ilkley tennis club
regards
Brian
PS if you know any Lambda experts my no 01943 863152 or email as above

V50t5dave Jul 8th, 2017 17:55

Sunday 9th July meet

Yea the meet is still on. I will be there from 10.30 if you are trying to find the group we are behind the Center. Follow the Heritage railway sign round the corner next right. Not the public car park.
Regards David

Flingel Jul 9th, 2017 16:06

Thanks David.

A really enjoyable day.

Dippydog Jul 9th, 2017 18:02

+1 for that.Good weather decent location and nice people:thumbs_up:Always good to be able to put faces to names[or should that be the other way round?]Hoping to make the next meet at Elvington if a space can be booked for me,best not book for eating though in case I don't make it there and if I do I'll just have to wing that bit.

skippyfox Jul 9th, 2017 21:12

Yet another good day out. Big thumbs up to Dave, looking forward to the next meet. That acorn you planted is starting to grow. Hope to see you all at the Northern BKV. Failing that I will be at the Elvington meet up.:thumbs_up:

V50t5dave Jul 9th, 2017 22:19

Elsecar meet

A good day despite the hiccup with parking. New friends plus the usual suspect, Steve. Thank you to all for attending. I will be at the Northern BKV. Hope you all enjoyed the day see you all soon.
David:thumbs_up:

dcw Jul 17th, 2017 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by V50t5dave (Post 2295291)
A good day despite the hiccup with parking. New friends plus the usual suspect, Steve. Thank you to all for attending. I will be at the Northern BKV. Hope you all enjoyed the day see you all soon.
David:thumbs_up:

Glad it was a good meet-up and sorry I missed it...

Will be there at Elvington and should also be at the Northern BKV, so hope to catch up again there!

David

Dippydog Jul 20th, 2017 18:39

A clash of dates for the Elvington meet means I won't be their after all I'd got my dates muddled and this is the weekend for the first R.A.F.Scampton airshow.

V50t5dave Jul 30th, 2017 17:33

Northern BKV

Just to let people know, Steve aka skippyfox won his class. Congrats Steve.
Good day weather permitting good company.
Dave:thumbs_up:

dcw Jul 30th, 2017 17:56

Hey, well done Steve!

Sorry I missed it today, not very well just now...

David

MiniNinjaRob Aug 14th, 2017 15:18

Would be nice if one of these days was organised to happen on a Saturday. Loads of people can't make Sundays and miss out. Like me!

sabink Aug 14th, 2017 21:22

Might be interested in tagging along from Derbyshire if ok at next one?

Matthews 855 T5 Aug 16th, 2017 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabink (Post 2308586)

I'm sure you'll be welcome. The invite says so even if not from Yorkshire.

Matt

dcw Aug 16th, 2017 20:35

Quote:

Completely - please come! We're a welcoming little (but growing) group that doesn't bite, honest!

David

Matthews 855 T5 Aug 16th, 2017 20:37

Im planning on going if I can get past the gate. I went in January this year when the V70 threw a monumental fit and wouldn't start after getting my tickets.
The staff on the gate at Elvington made jokes about Swedish cars and kindly helped me push the car into the staff area. They insisted they park it next to their cars, 2 p2 V70's in dark blue, RAF blue?
So yes I'm planning on being there.
Thanks to those organising it...brill idea!
Matt

sabink Aug 17th, 2017 12:27

Thanks all, keep me posted

fleming164 Aug 17th, 2017 13:30

I'd like to attend too. Won't be bringing anything special, just a Diesel S40, but it would be nice to put some faces to names!

skippyfox Aug 17th, 2017 20:40

Quote:

Hellfire... I'm from Lancashire and they even let me tag along.. Seriously if you can make it, come along we are a friendly bunch of Volvo owners who enjoy a good day out.:thumbs_up:

skippyfox Aug 17th, 2017 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleming164 (Post 2309514)
I'd like to attend too. Won't be bringing anything special, just a Diesel S40, but it would be nice to put some faces to names!

Nowt wrong with s40's It's a Volvo, all are welcome.

V50t5dave Aug 18th, 2017 17:35

September 10th Meet update.

Toady I have now finalised the meet I have been to see Ian Richardson the Customer Services manager. Due to the demand there was no need to pay upfront for the minimum 10 cars for the discount rate. So it will be pay on arrival at the gate £6 per car to include driver and one passenger, any further passengers £6 per adult or £4 per child. This is way below the standard rate. The gates open at 10am and I will be there.
He has allocated a special parking section for us. On passing through the gate some 20 yards on the right is building 18, turn right after this between the building and the spitfire we are parked in a square at the center of the museum not in the general car park. As I have said before there is a Naffi (restaruant ) who provide sandwiches cooked meals even a Sunday lunch so no need to bring your own unless you wish to.
I have noted that a lot of people have asked if they are welcome, as before all are welcome even one's from other locations than Yorkshire. We are a friendly bunch we must be Steve ( Skippyfox ) is a Lancastrian although he has been through the Yorkshire induction, he looks well in a flat cap holding a whippet but he refused the ferret down his trousers.
It should be a good day weather permitting.
I look forward to meeting old and new friends, any questions ring me, 07960210402, email, pearsondavid22@aol.com
David Pearson.:thumbs_up:

V50t5dave Aug 18th, 2017 17:44

Last meet of 2017 November 12th.

Yes it is me again this is the date for the last meet of the year, as to date no location set. I am asking for sugestions in the Yorkshire area. I have added this in my report to the Volvo driver magazine out in October. So thinking caps on lets find a nice location. Whilst on with this we have next year to plan so any idea are welcome. If possible think of you other half so they can enjoy the day. This is not meant to be sexist however the main people I find on the forum are male.
I await the response, my details are on the above message if you wish to contact me direct.
Regards David Pearson:thumbs_up:

pacman67 Aug 19th, 2017 17:34

Got my R back so I think I may well come along.

JockinLeeds Aug 20th, 2017 23:34

Hi... Am I Ok to tag along? Leeds based XC90 owner .. I should be picking up my first C70 this week and quite fancy an outing.. Might get son to bang over in the C30 also.. (#volvofamily)

V50t5dave Aug 21st, 2017 07:18

Re meet

Quote:

Originally Posted by JockinLeeds (Post 2310704)
Hi... Am I Ok to tag along? Leeds based XC90 owner .. I should be picking up my first C70 this week and quite fancy an outing.. Might get son to bang over in the C30 also.. (#volvofamily)

You are welcome to come.
David Pearson. :thumbs_up:

pacman67 Aug 22nd, 2017 19:04

Can I confirm the date is 10th September?

skippyfox Aug 22nd, 2017 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman67 (Post 2311316)
Can I confirm the date is 10th September?

Yep Sunday the 10th is on. Hope to see you, all are welcome the more the merrier. Bring the other half, kids, whippet, just leave the ferrets at home...

pacman67 Aug 22nd, 2017 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippyfox (Post 2311365)
Yep Sunday the 10th is on. Hope to see you, all are welcome the more the merrier. Bring the other half, kids, whippet, just leave the ferrets at home...

Heard a rumour it had changed to this weekend when I'm away on holiday.

skippyfox Aug 22nd, 2017 22:05

Just had a scroll through the Yorkshire section and the "Anyone interested" thread. If only half the people showing interest rock up at the Elvington meet there is going to be quite a few Volvo's parked up. Well done to V50T5Dave for getting the ball rolling, lets make the Yorkshire section a big one.. Largest county in England... Don't know why I'm getting revved up with this, being a Lancastrian, but I guess it's a Northern thing. Life looks good when you view it through a Volvo's windscreen. Hope to see faces old and new.:thumbs_up: When I say faces old, I do mean faces I know...:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:
Happy motoring.

skippyfox Aug 22nd, 2017 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman67 (Post 2311381)

As far has know it is still on for the 10th. Keep a check on the sections page, if anything changes, which I doubt. Dave will keep us posted, other than that hope you can make it.

V50t5dave Aug 23rd, 2017 05:01

Next meet

To all concerned it is still the 10th September. Looking forward to meeting all.
Regards David:thumbs_up:

V50t5dave Aug 23rd, 2017 08:29

Re the rumour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman67 (Post 2311381)

I do not know how such a rumour started. I can say that the caravan section via
Diane Poole invited me to there coffee morning this Sunday morning the 27th at the caravan meet at Holme on Spalding moor. This is just a face to face meet.
So may be someone getting there knickers in a twist.
Hope this explains if anyone else hears a rumour.

The Yorkshire Section car meet is still Sunday the 10th Sept at Elvington

PS Loose lips sink ships! Keep it a Secret! Lol

JockinLeeds Aug 23rd, 2017 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by V50t5dave (Post 2310725)
You are welcome to come.
David Pearson. :thumbs_up:

Thanks David.. Picked up the C70 tonight!
Trying to tap up some other owners to tag along...:thumbs_up:

https://goo.gl/photos/aneVxLnJAG3qRdiq6

pacman67 Sep 2nd, 2017 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by V50t5dave (Post 2311456)
I do not know how such a rumour started. I can say that the caravan section via
Diane Poole invited me to there coffee morning this Sunday morning the 27th at the caravan meet at Holme on Spalding moor. This is just a face to face meet.
So may be someone getting there knickers in a twist.
Hope this explains if anyone else hears a rumour.

The Yorkshire Section car meet is still Sunday the 10th Sept at Elvington

PS Loose lips sink ships! Keep it a Secret! Lol

I think it was wires crossed , possibly another group meeting at the same venue.
Hopefully I'll be there.

the_traveller Sep 9th, 2017 19:46

Almost missed this!! I'll be there tomorrow after an early start to wash the car.......

fleming164 Sep 9th, 2017 20:41

Turns out I'm going to be Volvo-less for the weekend!

The S40 is in having some bodywork done and I'm stuck with the courtesy car for longer than expected!

Might still pop over for a bit, if you'll all let me in with a french motor!

V50t5dave Sep 9th, 2017 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleming164 (Post 2316781)

The S40 is in having some bodywork done and I'm stuck with the courtesy car for longer than expected!

Your welcome, any problem at the gate tell them why and I David Pearson the organiser have said your ok. Any problem ring me. 07960 210402.
David. :thumbs_up:

skippyfox Sep 9th, 2017 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleming164 (Post 2316781)

Don't worry about it. We know you drive a Volvo:thumbs_up:

skippyfox Sep 9th, 2017 23:50

Looking forward to tomorrows meet, hope to see faces old and new. Have bribed Mrs Skip to come along... Travel safe see you all there:thumbs_up: