Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Vehicle Safety/Recall Notification (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296331)

weemark Jul 5th, 2019 15:03

Vehicle Safety/Recall Notification

1 Attachment(s)
Just got this thru the post today, potentially impacts all 4 cylinder diesel engines from 2014-2019 - 'RECALL NOTIFICATION' on the envelope. Anyone else seen this?

docjd Jul 5th, 2019 15:22

no not yet 2015 XC90 d5 inscription model.

weemark Jul 5th, 2019 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by weemark (Post 2533975)
Just got this thru the post today - 'RECALL NOTIFICATION' on the envelope. Anyone else seen this?

Just spoken to Volvo UK and it becomes a little more confusing. As the car is not experiencing any of symptoms then my car should be "absolutely fine to drive", but they cannot guarantee the car will not experience the symptoms in the future! So is the car really therefore fine to drive?

In the event that any of the symptoms do develop in the future I should "stop driving immediately, call Volvo Assist and the car would be recovered to (I assume) my local dealer". The dealer would then "fix the issue" .... but here's the rub because in their letter they say "Volvo Cars...is working with the appropriate authorities to prepare an action for your vehicle". Given that this fix will "be ready soon", and she couldn't put any timeframes on what she meant by 'soon', so it could be a week, or a month or 6 months, exactly what fix would the dealer be applying?

It seems as though the risk is very low but .....

Philip Fisher Jul 5th, 2019 19:08

Interestingly we are running a 2016 V40 r design 2.0D on the fleet at work which has recently been diagnosed with a failed inlet manifold. Wonder if this is the same issue?

HDAV Jul 5th, 2019 22:22

Seen a few people post they have had these on Facebook, basically if car is fine keep driving if you get symptoms contact dealer ASAP.

If concerned contact Volvo uk or dealer with your vin if a U.K. supplied and registered car should just get the letter if affected.

Tony Harrison Jul 7th, 2019 09:39

Hi

Got my notification Saturday morning. No symptoms to date (other than a very occasional engine "rattle" (sort of ultra-diesel noise) at about 1500 rpm that lasts less than a second as I accelerate through it on a light throttle. Could be just a refinement weak-spot in an otherwise very quiet car but I do wonder. I mentioned it to a service bod but he said if I can't reproduce it for them there's nothing they can do, which seems not unreasonable. Could it be a manifold issue?

MY17 S90 D5 PP AWD

airforced Jul 7th, 2019 16:29

For anyone who thinks they may have a car that fits the recall notice being talked about here best thing to do is visit the Volvo website that will tell you whether or not you have a car that is affected. You will need to enter your VIN once there. Mine is clear thankfully.

Link here https://tinyurl.com/y4828lfv (shortened to a tinyurl because I'm not sure if this site can handle long url's). Maybe someone can advise for my future postings. Thanks.

Tony Harrison Jul 7th, 2019 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by airforced (Post 2534468)
For anyone who thinks they may have a car that fits the recall notice being talked about here best thing to do is visit the Volvo website that will tell you whether or not you have a car that is affected. You will need to enter your VIN once there. Mine is clear thankfully.

Link here https://tinyurl.com/y4828lfv (shortened to a tinyurl because I'm not sure if this site can handle long url's). Maybe someone can advise for my future postings. Thanks.

Not sure airforced is right about this. My car also has "no outstanding recalls" on the Volvo site but I have had the notification letter. Thing is it's not a recall yet. But it might well be once they work out what to do.

MY17 S90 D5 PP AWD

nu11eaf Jul 7th, 2019 20:03

I have had several recall works carried out and none have ever showed up on the Volvo recall page, power pulse pipe. EGR bracket, inlet hose. Although I do not think any of them were safety related.

airforced Jul 7th, 2019 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Harrison (Post 2534530)
Not sure airforced is right about this. My car also has "no outstanding recalls" on the Volvo site but I have had the notification letter. Thing is it's not a recall yet. But it might well be once they work out what to do.

MY17 S90 D5 PP AWD

The fact that in the original post on this thread highlighted the words RECALL NOTIFICATION suggested to me that an official recall had been activated. Why else would this be written on the envelope. This led me to look at the Volvo site I mentioned. What is also strange is that, on a further Google search, I can't find any mention of it which is unusual. I have also just looked on the GOV website and get the same negative answer when I submit my Reg No.

I don't understand what is going on but it all sounds a bit Fred Karno's to me. I suppose I shall have to wait and see but hope that someone sorts it out asap.