Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   300/66 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   300 Series Parts on E-bay (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=61517)

tj101c70 Nov 18th, 2008 12:08

300 Series Parts on E-bay

Good Morning all

A few new and used, no longer available parts for 300 series on e-bay which may be of intrest,

First Lot HERE Clicky

More HERE Clicky

foggyjames Nov 20th, 2008 01:16

Now I never put that two and two together and realised you were linked to Formula Cars...

Anal retentive moment...the bonnet was 1981 fitment only - the only year the 'mk1' front end had a B19 engine fitted...any not in this country anyway. I have no idea why this bonnet (or the other one I bought from Abergavenny a couple of years ago) are here :)

If you've got a few minutes to PM me a list of panels you have available, I might be interested in a few...or are they all now on eBay?

cheers

James

tj101c70 Nov 20th, 2008 08:14

Morning James

Re the connection, one thing i do not shout about it, personally think its a no-no, for members connected with the trade, to use the forum, as , what is at the end of the day, advertising !!!

This is somewhat different,, if some members can benefit from some now NLA parts, that we have got at whatever price they make, surely that's a good thing

Not got a list as such,, all the early 200/300 parts are in the lower store, and will list them, as they come out of the door, I know there are loads of new door cards etc, now that will be a headache to list

Will do the same as on 300 mania, If any member from here, buy any items. can they give their user name on the payment form on e-bay, then a donation to the forum funds will be made

tj101c70 Nov 20th, 2008 08:23

PS,, Thanks for the bid,, by the way :)

foggyjames Nov 20th, 2008 23:25

I totally understand. Consider it never to be shouted about again ;)

I may have some 'fun' collecting some of these parts. I suspect I'll authorise Jeff Arlidge to pick them up on my behalf. I'd like the rear 3/4, but that will be a real pig to transport. I shifted the last ones I bought in my housemate's 855, but that's no longer with us.

Fingers crossed for the bonnet. It'll be the third one I have (including the one now on the car), but (and I suppose I said this last time...), try finding another!

I wouldn't expect the door cards to fly out of the door, but you never know.

cheers

James

tj101c70 Nov 21st, 2008 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggyjames (Post 426968)
I totally understand. Consider it never to be shouted about again ;)
James

Makes no odds to me James, Think most people who have been here a while know that fact ;)

PS,, 22 watchers for the bonnet ??

volvomania Nov 23rd, 2008 09:58

I should have known this last summer when I came over for the National from Belgium.

James, are you the bidder on the right hand rear wing?

Robbert Jan
Volvomania

foggyjames Nov 23rd, 2008 23:16

22 watchers, but only the one bid. I'll be in touch...

Robbert - no, I'm not bidding on the rear wing. I have one for each side already, but they're in our (damp) unit, and I don't think it's wise to obtain any more panels only to store them in this environment. I can store the smaller panels at home. If you're thinking of buying this rear wing, perhaps we could do a deal on my two, as well? I think they need to go to a home where they're not going to suffer corrosion due to the damp.

cheers

James

volvomania Nov 24th, 2008 07:37

James,

I am awaiting a reply from TJ101 on shipping cost in order to decide whether it is wise to proceed buying it and send it straight to Belgium or to someone in the UK.(shipping is still an issue you see, I need to find out whether any one is coming over to Belgium soon who might be able to take it)
What condition are your wings in? Are they still absolutely rustfree?
I allready have 1.5 sets new (2 LH & 1 RH) and a set of used early ones (pre '81).
I'll be following the TJ items as well for bodyparts, just let me know if there is anything you "desperately" want.

foggyjames Nov 24th, 2008 18:48

There isn't anything else listed so far panel-wise that I'm too bothered about. I did a double take on the front valance, but it's for a 'mk2' model (82-85?), and I already have one of those for my 84 GLT.

My panels have some signs of light surface rust, but the sort of thing which would clean up easily. I need to work out how to keep them 'safe', and quickly...

It looks like we'll be going to Germany around Christmas time, so we could do a pit-stop in Belgium. Space may be an issue - I think my car will already be quite full, but we could probably move some smaller items.

cheers

James