Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   CarPlay (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=239663)

thesecretsanta Nov 10th, 2015 15:24

CarPlay

Now that we're well into November, has anyone had any updates on when Car Play and any other software updates will be released?

Picked up our XC90 in July and it's been fantastic so far, other than the voice control which is somewhat temperamental......!

Rooster Nov 10th, 2015 18:48

Week 48 or so ive been told,

Altho its been delayed a couple of times already so dont hold me to it

TheDufster Nov 24th, 2015 15:01

My new car is supposed to have it installed - I didn't want it but the car I'm getting already has it and the rest of the spec matches what I want.

I pick the car up this Friday. I don't have any Apple devices - is it going to be any use to me whatsoever? I guess I could make use of the 3 pin plug socket?

Shame there's no Android integration.

Carl Sberglager Nov 25th, 2015 08:55

Booked in for 3 December, dealer says he needs car & iPhone for 3 hours.

Dutchbird Nov 25th, 2015 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Sberglager (Post 2016765)
Booked in for 3 December, dealer says he needs car & iPhone for 3 hours.

Just received an email from our dealer in The Netherlands informing us that they have stopped installing the Car Play into the new XC90 with immediate effect due to problems.

On the Dutch Volvo forum site rumor has it that it could take sometime to fully correct the problem.

This would not be good news for Volvo as the Dutch T8's have to be registered by the 31 December to benefit from the tax changes because people will cancel their orders.

2016 XC 90 D5 Inscription and 2014 S 60 D4 SE Lux

PS. Haven't heard anything from Volvo UK if they have simular problems with the updates.

Carl Sberglager Nov 25th, 2015 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchbird (Post 2016954)
Just received an email from our dealer in The Netherlands informing us that they have stopped installing the Car Play into the new XC90 with immediate effect due to problems.

On the Dutch Volvo forum site rumor has it that it could take sometime to fully correct the problem.

This would not be good news for Volvo as the Dutch T8's have to be registered by the 31 December to benefit from the tax changes because people will cancel their orders.

2016 XC 90 D5 Inscription and 2014 S 60 D4 SE Lux

PS. Haven't heard anything from Volvo UK if they have simular problems with the updates.

Thanks Dutchbird. The car's due it's 3 month check anyway, so may not get told until the day whether their doing Car Play as well.

Carl Sberglager Nov 25th, 2015 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Sberglager (Post 2016992)
Thanks Dutchbird. The car's due it's 3 month check anyway, so may not get told until the day whether their doing Car Play as well.

Have just picked this up from Volvo Support forum, via Swedespeed

Hi, The update was temporarily suspended on Tuesday. Issue has been resolved and the update is now available again.

--
Topic Expert - Sensus, Navigation, CarPlay

Rooster Nov 25th, 2015 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Sberglager (Post 2016999)
Have just picked this up from Volvo Support forum, via Swedespeed

Hi, The update was temporarily suspended on Tuesday. Issue has been resolved and the update is now available again.

--
Topic Expert - Sensus, Navigation, CarPlay

Still suspended over here

Rooster Nov 27th, 2015 23:09

Well software's all go,

Done 2 so far and its not killed any so its looking good,

unfortunatly neither had carplay so it was just the update software so not had chance to have a play yet so carn't report on it,

I believe its out as sort of a recall so people will be getting letters shortly advising there is a software update available,

BARNEYROVER Nov 28th, 2015 15:38

What do the updates include?. Understood that sat nav would have lots more functions for one thing . Must be a lot involved for it to be so much delayed from launch and all subsequent problems