Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S40 / V40 '96-'04 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   S40 V40 Cars: front wing removal and replace (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=122806)

S40WML Apr 22nd, 2011 20:42

front wing removal and replace

:car:can anybody advise on the removal and replacement of front wings on a 1998 s40 what exactly involved and can 1 person do this ? cheers :thumbs_up:

gatos Apr 22nd, 2011 23:29

Yes 1 person can do it on their own. This was the 1st ever job I ever did on my 1st S40 with the help of a Haynes manual and it was quick and easy. I will try to get the Vadis instructions and post them here later on tonight.

S40WML Apr 23rd, 2011 09:32

s40 wing

:car:thanks that would be great cheers. s40wml:thumbs_up:

gatos Apr 24th, 2011 13:22

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry for late reply but I had to reinstall Vadis. Here is what I found there about the wing. I think the instructions were a bit better on the Haynes manual but the pictures here are a bit better. Let me know if you have any trouble and you need more help

Attached are the two photos

S40WML Apr 24th, 2011 17:03

s40 wing

thank you very much for the info just one thing what about the front bumper can i do this with out removing it ? thanks

gatos Apr 24th, 2011 17:23

No you don't need to remove the front bumper. Why are you asking this? It is fairly straight forward and it looks harder in the instructions than it actually is. I did mine years ago and it was the first thing I have ever done to any car. once all the screws come off, the wing will just move out. If it not coming off, then you must have missed a screw or two. In my case I missed one (either F or G bolt) but I quickly realised and took it off too.

volpete Apr 24th, 2011 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatos (Post 892279)
No you don't need to remove the front bumper. Why are you asking this? It is fairly straight forward and it looks harder in the instructions than it actually is. I did mine years ago and it was the first thing I have ever done to any car. once all the screws come off, the wing will just move out. If it not coming off, then you must have missed a screw or two. In my case I missed one (either F or G bolt) but I quickly realised and took it off too.

Hi gatos havent read you lately hope every thing oK Volpete :coffee:

gatos Apr 24th, 2011 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by volpete (Post 892402)
Hi gatos havent read you lately hope every thing oK Volpete :coffee:

Hey Pete. Yes, everything is fine, I was away for a few weeks. Went to Greece to see my parents so no forum activity for me. Now I am back, spamming the forum again....... :)

baldmosher Oct 13th, 2012 14:46

Is the process much different for ph2 and how important is the foam "seal"? Looks like mine is missing.

Dog_Book Oct 13th, 2012 14:48

I took a wing of a car once by driving it into a wall....