Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   XC40 Pure Electric: Volvo App Question (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=321729)

BrightHelmStone Nov 25th, 2021 20:01

XC40 Pure Electric: Volvo App Question

I have the XC40 Pure Electric (2021).

I have a problem with the Volvo Cars app.

We get minimal mobile phone cover where we live. So sometimes the app is unable to contact the car.

The car is charging and locked but the app tells me it is unlocked and not plugged in.

The app has not indication that there is a problem. Apart from being able to look out of the window, I have no way of knowing if the app is showing accurate information or not.

I have tried closing/reopening the app and restarting the phone but the app still happily tells me there is no problem.

Is there a way of knowing if app it is able to contact the car?

Stewart1359 Dec 1st, 2021 06:33

Volvo app

I collected my P8 on Friday. The dealer tried to connect my car to the app on the phone but could not get it to connect. As I had a 300 mile trip home I said I would get it later. I have tried numerous times and it has failed every time. I contacted Volvo who deleted my V90 from the app but my car still won’t connect. Volvo also informed my that parts of the app don’t work with the car anyway.

exmpa Dec 1st, 2021 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewart1359 (Post 2789494)
I collected my P8 on Friday. The dealer tried to connect my car to the app on the phone but could not get it to connect. As I had a 300 mile trip home I said I would get it later. I have tried numerous times and it has failed every time. I contacted Volvo who deleted my V90 from the app but my car still won’t connect. Volvo also informed my that parts of the app don’t work with the car anyway.

I had a similar problem and it was eventually solved by creating a new email address; I used an Outlook one; and everything then happened as advertised. Don’t ask me why or whether there’s any logic to it, but it worked.

Exmpa

Stewart1359 Dec 1st, 2021 17:16

Now connected

I got my car connected today. I deleted the app from my phone then downloaded it again to my phone. It then paired no problem.

BrightHelmStone Dec 8th, 2021 20:37

The app was meant to give me updates on my order, pre delivery. It never did this even though I was using the same email address as on the order.

The salesman attempted to connect my phone to the car on pickup. Bluetooth worked but it failed to connect to OnCall. I told him to give up in the end as could see he could not get it to work.
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, still didn't work.
I factory reset the phone, it then worked!
Although still have the same problem that when car has no mobile signal, the app won't tell me, gives out of date info.