Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   L.J.O Retros (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=302941)

360beast Jan 27th, 2020 20:30

L.J.O Retros

Hi all

I and a mate will be registering our business next month and we would like to get in to repairing your lovely old Volvo's!

We can do services, suspension work, brakes, engine work and minor welding. We also have a friend who can do paint preparation and full valets/detail work.

We are currently based in Cirencester but are looking in to units around Worcestershire.

Feel free to message me and discuss what you want doing.

If the forum admin need me to register as a trader then let me know please.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Luke

capt jack Jan 27th, 2020 20:58

Good luck with the new business. It's a big step and I hope it goes well for you.

Cheers

Jack

Laird Scooby Jan 27th, 2020 21:10

The first post-Brexit new business? Hell, yeah! :thumbs_up:

Go for it Luke, all the very best of luck! :thumbs_up:

360beast Jan 27th, 2020 21:21

Thanks guys!

We have a few interesting jobs coming up but no Volvo's which hurts haha.

827Roverman Jan 28th, 2020 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360beast (Post 2593878)
Hi all

I and a mate will be registering our business next month and we would like to get in to repairing your lovely old Volvo's!

We can do services, suspension work, brakes, engine work and minor welding. We also have a friend who can do paint preparation and full valets/detail work.

We are currently based in Cirencester but are looking in to units around Worcestershire.

Feel free to message me and discuss what you want doing.

If the forum admin need me to register as a trader then let me know please.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Luke

Good luck in your new venture Luke, I hope it works well for you, just wish you was nearer, I wish you well. David

mhuk Jan 28th, 2020 12:32

What made you want to setup your own business? I'd like to and looking to save cash for something in mind. The MX5 Restorer and Skuzzle are good examples of guys who decided to give up work and go it alone. MX5 wise that is.

Good on you!

psl Jan 28th, 2020 12:53

Good luck on your new venture. I went self employed 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Its long hours but worth it, as your making money for you not someone else, so very rewarding

360beast Jan 28th, 2020 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by 827Roverman (Post 2594057)
Good luck in your new venture Luke, I hope it works well for you, just wish you was nearer, I wish you well. David

Thanks David! Hope you are doing well.

I'm sure we can overcome the distance if you did want us to do some work for you! Once we are fully up and running I could catch the train up to you and drive back down of needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhuk (Post 2594073)
What made you want to setup your own business? I'd like to and looking to save cash for something in mind. The MX5 Restorer and Skuzzle are good examples of guys who decided to give up work and go it alone. MX5 wise that is.

Good on you!

Thank you :) I was working for a Rolls Royce and Bentley garage for 3 years and I was fed up of earning peanuts while the A**hole owner who had the personality of a rotten log was earning £95 an hour in labour!!! Hated The cars as they were horrible to work on and overpriced junk. I had enough in the end and the final straw was when my mate who I'm now in business with told me how much he earnt on a job that took one day. Needless to say they have trouble holding on to staff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psl (Post 2594083)
Good luck on your new venture. I went self employed 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Its long hours but worth it, as your making money for you not someone else, so very rewarding

Thanks! I know just what you mean... having nobody watching what you do all the time helps too haha.

Ian21401 Jan 28th, 2020 19:55

Best wishes Luke. Hope it goes well for you.

rockheadrumble Jan 28th, 2020 20:26

MILES away from me but all the best Fella!